Sign in to follow this  
J18Dread

Changing gunsight color

Need some guidance. I found the Spad13_ironsight.tga file, but the graphic seems to be only a grey/black square. It is easy enough to change the color, but then the sight becomes a colored square instead of the reticle. I added some red concentric circles to the grey square, but then I just got the old grey reticle back. This is for the FE Fokker D7F of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. :dntknw:

Need some guidance. I found the Spad13_ironsight.tga file, but the graphic seems to be only a grey/black square. It is easy enough to change the color, but then the sight becomes a colored square instead of the reticle. I added some red concentric circles to the grey square, but then I just got the old grey reticle back. This is for the FE Fokker D7F of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. :dntknw:

I dont know what kind of program you are actually using but You need a specific one to modify tga.files-i just d/l here tga compatible 100 % free of charge http://www.gimp.org/windows/

its work fine

BRUNO

I dont know what kind of program you are actually using but You need a specific one to modify tga.files-i just d/l here tga compatible 100 % free of charge http://www.gimp.org/windows/

its work fine

BRUNO

I am using Paint Shop Pro 4.12

I am using Paint Shop Pro 4.12

Bruno had a great idea. In this old version of Paint Shop Pro I could not see the cross hairs of the gunsight. With GIMP they were apparent and changable. There is a bit of a learning curve, since the is very little correspondence between the drop down menues, but if you are having any problems, check out GIMP. It is free and functional.

I now have a yellow iron sight. When I figure out how to make it neon, I will. Thanks Bruno, great tip. I should have used it earlier. I have attached the file TEST.tga, if you want to use it rename it to SPAD13_Ironsight.tga and put in your Objects folder.

Sorry, I cannot upload the file.