Sign in to follow this  
Hawker

Beer's U.S. Navy Hydrofoil (Pegasus Class) Now shoots!

Guest capun

Ranger

Just a minor tweak to your missions. The loadout needs to be anti-ship not anti_ship.

They did not use the same nomenclature, the anti_ship is for the mission type, anti-ship for the loadout.

Guest Ranger332

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

adding this line gives you this.once "hit"

0PHMmayboards.jpg

Latest rendering of the improved PHM.

Cheers

Beer

Guest capun

Beer

Looks very good. What's your poly count so far?

I am trying to set a max poly for my models, The exporter recommendations may not be to far off if you want to have multiple planes, ground and sea vehicles running at the time

Its at 7200, the Soviet DD was over 10,00 and worked, I am getting better at the lowering the count but I think many expierenced modelers will think that the 7200 is still too two high, I am also not doing .lod of various poly counts as I probably should be for what shows up at various distances. Also no damage .lods.

I guess those will be next as I gain more expierence.

Cheers

Beer

Looks excelent!

Regarding lowering the poly count: 7200 is kinda high for a ship.

Best way to lower poly counts is to change the perspective viewport to wireframe and look for the dense areas.

Remember to never use more than a 10 sided cylinder and I imagine the gunturret and radar(?) sphere have a huge amount of polys.

I'd be happy to look through the model and see which areas could do with optimizing.

Cheers :)

Guest capun

AD

Do you use the 3DS Max Mesh Optimizer? I use it to bring the poly count but sometimes I get some funny after effects like a shimmering effect on the rendered model (In the game), breaks in the rendered model and so on.

Nah. I've experimented with that optimize modifier but unless you are optimizing a simple, high-poly shape like for example a sphere or 20 sided cylinder it doesnt seem to work too well.

Maybe it requires a 100% sealed mesh. Not sure.

Cheers

Guest Ranger332

Hey Beer transfered some files to test some new terraine Iam working on and on what was to be a "milk run" turn in hell on the wing lol boy tlak about a wakeup call lol (your files on the hydro got mixed in to the transfer) but i lov the effect

AD I missed your post about helping with the PHM.

I could use it.

The new gun does not work it is 180 out. (not sure but maybe it is the direction I created the gun, a cylinder either drawn barrel end to turrent or turrent to barrel end...would this matter?)

The harpoon canisters (8 total) are way over your 10 side rule.

The transparent windows are not showing correctly in game.

I would be delighted to have you tweak it. Note I still have unwrapping troubles but if you unwrap it I can skin it over if you have to totally rebuild sections.

The missile workers get Surface to surface missiles going yet?

Email me or PM me and I will send the files.

beer at retrorelics dot net

Guest Ranger332

have a temp skin till you finish yours