Sign in to follow this  
PythonOne

Couple of noob WOV question

Sorry for all the questions, i'm trying to get up to speed on everything. And searching didn't really come up with anything.

1.) I need to edit the particlesystem.ini file but i can't seem to find it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

2.) I have my X-52 slider set to change my FOV, is there any way to increase the speed of the FOV change? Right now its a slow zoom in/out.

4.) My Mig-21MF has its canopy open when its on the ground, since there's no toggle canopy button and only open and close depending on speed, i rather have the thing closed all the time. What do i have to edit inside the data file to have it close?

5.) Is there a mod that improves the city structure? I mange to get better tiles, sea, clouds, but whenever i fly over cities its kinda sad to see only blocks of buildings. I want to see some in different shapes.

Thanks to all who have been helping me, this is a great forum. I wish there was some sort of rep giving on this forum so i can give you guys some.

2.) I have my X-52 slider set to change my FOV, is there any way to increase the speed of the FOV change? Right now its a slow zoom in/out.

Please take a look at the Knowledgebase for issue 2). I believe you need to change PanScale in viewlist.ini in the flight folder, but I might be wrong.

I use the POV hat3 on my X52, which is a bit faster. When I had the mouse wheel working on my HOTAS, it was very fast. (having some issues with the actual mouse and the X52 mouse device conflicting)

4.) My Mig-21MF has its canopy open when its on the ground, since there's no toggle canopy button and only open and close depending on speed, i rather have the thing closed all the time. What do i have to edit inside the data file to have it close?

It shouldn't by default, did you install a mod? Go into the MiG-21MF_Data.ini and look for the Canopy block. It should say:

Highliftdevice=TRUE

Change it to false, and I think you're all set!

What do you mean by city structure? Different buildings? There isn't a mod for that right now. I think Polak is working on it though, look in the TW forum.

yea i meant like random shape buildings because most of them are just blocks in the city, i want some bigger, some smaller...etc.