Hey all,

Just got home from another desert deployment and picked up the Luft 46 package as my welcome home gift.

Is this ready to go or has there been a patch released for it already? How is the install? Pretty straight forward? I have everything up to point now, but figured an all in one set must be better and smaller. I plan on a complete fresh install as well.

Thanks!

Storm

You had all the digital downloads? '46, Pe-2, Sturms over Manchuria? Wow, I thought only the diehards had all that. :wink:

Anyway, there's a single patch to bring you up to 4.08m. It's about 150MB. I have no memory where I DL'd it from. :grin:

You had all the digital downloads? '46, Pe-2, Sturms over Manchuria? Wow, I thought only the diehards had all that. :wink:

Anyway, there's a single patch to bring you up to 4.08m. It's about 150MB. I have no memory where I DL'd it from. :grin:

Picked it up with all the sims for $29.92 at Wally world. I need that patch though.

Picked it up with all the sims for $29.92 at Wally world. I need that patch though.

I did the same thing, but I'm not 100% sure it has the Pe-2 or other payware add-ons. I'll have to hunt for the patch though. Was the Pe-2 the only payware aircraft added or did the later patches give a few more?

Off to hunt for the 4.08 patch now.

Storm

Edited by ST0RM

I did the same thing, but I'm not 100% sure it has the Pe-2 or other payware add-ons. I'll have to hunt for the patch though. Was the Pe-2 the only payware aircraft added or did the later patches give a few more?

Off to hunt for the 4.08 patch now.

Storm

It should, when you fire it up you will see it in the start up screen.

Il-2 46 DVD has EVERYTHING ever released by Oleg for Il-2, including the add-ons between Pac Fighters and 46 that weren't released to retail in the West.

Apparently if you have the one with the bonus 2nd DVD, it even has a copy of the ORIGINAL Il-2 (pre-Forgotten Battles).

I was wondering, does the digital download include all that? (I'm thinking it would, since, going by my logic, it would need the 4.06 to work, which would need 4.05, etc, right?)

If you got the digital DL of the final version, it has everything but the copies of the older games, which are on the 2nd DVD.

As for the individual ones, I don't know. I never went that route (DLing Pe-2, DLing Sturm, DLing 46) so I can't say one way or another if you could skip or if getting one included others.

Nevermind, downloaded '1946 last night. It's got all the other ones, so that's a relief. The bad news is that I installed it over my current FB+AEP+PF install, and some things are going funky. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with the reinstall (I've heard of a lot of problems with the security that comes along with the downloads...).

oh, yeah, that could be a problem, hard to say.

I installed 1946 into a totally new directory (it defaulted to one with "1946" in the name) so I avoided that pitfall. I then went and uninstalled the previous FB+AEP+PF one, as I had no further need of it.