Sign in to follow this  
baffmeister

Alternative FM for TW F-104G

Alternative FM for TW F-104G

View File

This file is totally obsolete. Updates to TW FM's have eliminated all the issues I have tried to address. There may be a few items in the readme that may be of interest to newb's.

An attempt at making Third Wires F-104G a bit more user friendly, and hopefully A.I. friendly. The changes made to the data.ini don't reflect any actual aerodynamic numbers, but have been done to make the F-104G a bit nicer to fly. Consider it "Effect Modeling" as compared to actual "Flight Modeling". I did try to stay true to the "Goes fast, turns bad" concept, however. [it does turn a bit better than stock] No plans to give this treatment to any other aircraft, the F-104G is a bit of a "Special" case. More info in the read me.

Changes for version 1.1: Made the pitch response less 'Linear' and more effective at high speed and high altitude. Improved roll response at high angles of attack. Added a couple more degrees to the stalling angle. For general game usage, this FM is essentially performing the way I wanted it to. It may get the occasional update.