Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

VF-213 "CAG" Bird Last Cruise

This is as described the "CAG" aircraft for VF-213 back in the day when it had the 100 modex and obviously they kept it flying even though at the time period, was a 200 series modex. But anyways, something to keep me busy (and been wanting to do this one too) until the F/A-18F comes around (then I can do one for that too!):

airw123.jpg

airw124.jpg

Don't mind that bit by the left tailfin, I know what it is, the swatch I used for the blue stripe.

Wow keep it comin whooo :clapping: ...yea this is one of my favorite F-14 squadron markings...good job bro

I've only ever seen this aircraft with a 213 MODEX. I was on the 2003 cruise with VF-213 and they did not have this paint scheme at that time but were wearing the 100 series MODEX's. The first time I had seen this particular scheme was towards the end of the workups for the 2005-06 cruise and the squadron was already wearing the 200 series MODEX's. If they did apply a 100 series MODEX then it was for only a very brief period of time. It never went to war with a 100 MODEX. Also, keep in mind that VF-213 had three full color birds for the cruise... 200, 201 and 213.

Edited by Vampyre

Ahh well during 02 when they were on the Vinson they had the 100 modex. In any case, I've seen some older pictures and so it had a 100 on the nose, so I figure that since they went to 200 they just kept it while the 200 and 201 were colorful, but not as much as this one.

Slight more work:

airw126.jpg

More work, getting the numbers correctly placed on it. This bird has more "213"'s on it than the whole entire Navy...

airw129.jpg

airw130.jpg

airw131.jpg