Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saganuay82

Hey Ext

Guest Saganuay82

Is your Shaw email still active? Check it.

Arriving Thunder Bay on Friday. Sailing past Windsor / Detroit right now.

Guest Saganuay82

Oh and to bump this so you can find it.

Where is POOL 6 Dock? Good spot to tie up or far away from everything? Can't get any good civvie maps from here on the ship on the internet of that area.

Oh and for anyone interested.

http://www.forces.ca/v3/media/modules/hmcs/index.aspx

Sag, that looks like a sweet deployment. Out of interest how navigable are the waterways to/from the great lakes? From the virtual tour (very cool by the way, not something we'd ever do because of OpSec (plus the route to the Gulf is fairly dull!)) it looks a bit interesting getting there but great fun once you are.

Guest Saganuay82

There are a series of locks that allow shipping to move from Lake Superior to the Atlantic. Lots of locks :) But as for OPSEC we do the same but this is a PR / recruiting tour so we have to let lots of folks know where we are going to be. We stopped in Hamilton ON and had over 5000 tour the upper decks. Same for Montreal and 3600 in Oshawa ON in a 6 hr period.

Normal ops we don't broadcast our positions and planned movements like this.

Thunder Bay next then back down to Windsor ON. Had a great view of Detroit this afternoon in the fog and thunderstorms when we stopped to pick up riders.

5000! Hell nice work.

If your ship drivers are like ours I'm guessing it's a lot of work traversing all those locks (to be fair ours can run aground in the middle of the ocean so they get kind of twitchy near actual continents!).

Like I said sounds like an awesome trip, hopefully I'll get over to Canda some time on one of our ships.

Guest Saganuay82

5200 people onboard in two days and still today to have folks onboard here in Thunder Bay. Had Ext down the ship for a big tour.

Amazing how easy it is to discuss plans, tips and techniques on a paint project, face to face, over a couple of beers.

Labatts Blue BTW Hornetfixer cause I am sure you would like to know. :)

cc... you are really busy... :D

nice tour website

:good: Who ever thought that you could meet some guy in the navy who you work with on our Canadian birds for SF in the middle of Canada. To top things off he brings his ship with him. What a guy!!!! He even sails up the Great Lakes (inland lakes) just to meet me. lol Guys if you ever get a chance to meet Sagy take him up on it you will not regret it. He is one cool dude. Thanks again for the 4 hour tour of the ship including the pit stop down below. I never thought my loose change could come in so handy! By the way will not forget Country Sunday. :good:

Guest Saganuay82

Glad you enjoyed it and your pics turn out.

LOL, Country Sunday....went until 1800 then turned into Retro Dance Party. Your $8 went far huh?

If ya get your eyes out to the water tomorrow we will be backing out at 10 then back in to drop off pax and heading for the next port.

Just to show.... 6600 onboard for tours I think the number turned out to be.

Halifax_thunderbay.jpg

In todays paper Navy officials estimate over 7000 people toured the ship while it was in port in TBay. For our city that is remarkable to get that many people to go to an event. Usually people talk about going but never do. I guess seeing an ocean going warship in the middle of Canada had something to do with it! (or maybe it was the crew on board)

Edited by ext

Guest Saganuay82

1.5 port visits left to go. Windsor is nice. Big rock show on the Detroit waterfront drifting across with music.