Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

Ships in Desert Storm terrain

I've been building single missions in the super Desert Storm terrain. IMHO the textures and colourings are realistically drawn and 'sandy'. I always feel thirsty and have to keep drinking to stop dehydrating. O.K. maybe that's a bit OTT but I know you guys get the picture!!

I have a couple of gripes (well there's always one or two isn't there). One is that some of the vehicles appear in the sea. It looks really odd tanks driving over water and they ain't amphibians. The other is that when I sink ships that the sim says are destroyed they don't sink just stop in the water. I definitely destroy them seeing the missiles hit and explode and Red Crown says mission complete and return to base. The debrief also says I destroyed the ships and awards points and a successful mission but they don't actually sink like they do in say the default terrain when you can see them going under.

Is there a solution to this?

I expect you'll come up with some ridiculously simple answer and I can't wait to find out what this is!! :biggrin::biggrin:

All the best

Brainless

haven't you ever heard of those 'underwater bridges'??? :tongue:

No, seriously, in SEA the NVA/VC used to build bridges below the waterline, but shallow enough for vehicles to not be fullly submerged. Made it harder the us to knock down.

Maybe Saddam was just following a trend......be an awfully big bridge though...

The actual problem is in the movements ini, they 'route' is wrong, (ie: misplaced coordinates) that should be moved inland several kilometers. Several CAS missions do that too...especially near Kuwait City.

As to the destroyers, perhaps is model problem (lod issue). It may not have a damaged or destroyed lod.

I take it from your description, they don't sink at all??? Maybe they've run aground???

As long as you're getting credit for the kill, I wouln't worry.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Guest Saganuay82

I know I made a mission with cargo ships once for the Tracker and didn't set them as "SHIP". They sailed, I shot them, they burned but didn't sink.

haven't you ever heard of those 'underwater bridges'??? :tongue:

No, seriously, in SEA the NVA/VC used to build bridges below the waterline, but shallow enough for vehicles to not be fullly submerged. Made it harder the us to knock down.

Maybe Saddam was just following a trend......be an awfully big bridge though...

The actual problem is in the movements ini, they 'route' is wrong, (ie: misplaced coordinates) that should be moved inland several kilometers. Several CAS missions do that too...especially near Kuwait City.

As to the destroyers, perhaps is model problem (lod issue). It may not have a damaged or destroyed lod.

I take it from your description, they don't sink at all??? Maybe they've run aground???

As long as you're getting credit for the kill, I wouln't worry.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Well as usual I'm a complete clot and forgot to tick the 'ship' box in the mission builder and that's why the ships don't sink!!

Thanks to Saganuay82 for pointing this out.

Thanks guys.

Brainless