Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

How To Create A 'Country Specific' Aircraft

First off, if anyone has seen or downloaded some of my WW2 RAF Mustang skins, and noted the modified data and loadout ins to fit RAF stylings, this info will basically tell you how I did it - create a copy of the aircraft for a specific nation.

Nothing could be easier!

In our example, we're going to take the F-104G 'Starfighter' and create a Royal Netherlands Air Force only version. This fix can be applied to the stock 3rd Wire G Zipper or to Ajundair's version.

For this little tutorial, I'm using the stock F-104G by TK & Co, but the instructions are the same for Ajundairs.

Actually, they're pretty much the same for ANY aircraft you wish to create a 'country specific mod' for!

OK, lets get to modding ----

1) Create a new folder, call it F-104G_KLU

2) copy over EVERYTHING from the stock F-104G (or, everything from Ajundair's version - including any LOD or SHD files)

3) Delete all German and/or Italian skins

4) Download and install any Dutch skins you'd like.

5) Rename F-104G.ini to F-104G_KLU.ini. This is the most important part... the aircraft's main ini MUST match the folder name for the aircraft to show on the dropdown menu

6) Open the newly renamed ini, and use this for the AircraftName=

AircraftFullName=F-104G Starfighter RNLAF

(this will show on the base screen, so you don't select the German or Italian versions)

6a) You'll also want to remove (read - delete) any callouts at the bottom for any skins you've added to your original version.

They'll be prefaced with the heading:

[TextureSet001],

or however many numbers of skins you have. Delete them all...the new KLU skins will create their own listings.

7) Save and Close your new F-104G_KLU.ini .

8) Open F-104G_DATA.INI, and replace the country with:

NationName=Netherlands

You can also adjust the operational years to suite the real world (start of service, and end of service), and the exportation dates, if any. (didn't they sell them off at the end of their service?? If so, leave the export dates alone)

Since the data ini is in it's own folder, you don't have to rename it, unless you want to. I did on mine, simply to "F-104G_KLU_DATA.INI", and changed the pointer in the main ini. It's not really necessary, I'm just picky that way :)

As it was originally an American aircraft, you can leave the "AttachementType=" as USAF. The loads I used are the same as shown in the Knowledge Base, for both the stock 3rdW and Ajundair's.

I'm given to understand that later intheir service life, the KLU added an internal jammer (thanks to DERK for info!)

To add an internal jammer, try this:

add to FUSELAGE section, where *** is the next number in sequence:

SystemName[***]=ECM

and at the end of the weapons stations call out, add:

[ECM]

SystemType=ECM_JAMMER

JammerType=DECEPTIVE_JAMMER

JammerStrength=35.0

MinExtentPosition= -0.23, 1.60, 0.74

MaxExtentPosition= 0.23, 2.99, 1.15

(the above comes right out of the F-104S ASA by Jet-Z)

Save and close the data ini.....

And that's all there is too it!!

Enjoy your new plane!

Wrench

Kevin Stein