Guest capun

Are you going to animate the external model rudder pedals or the Virtual Cockpit rudder pedals?

For the external model you create an animation slot for the rudder and for the rudder pedals.

I haven't tried it but thinking about it, I wonder if you can use a dummy rudder in the ini.

Since the game engine seems to animate meshes along an axis (rudder, ailerons, elevators, etc), you could create a dummy rudder entry using the rudder pedal mesh, be sure that the pedal pivot is set correctly and so is the axis of rotation. You can change the axis of rotation in the ini too.

Something to try

Are you going to animate the external model rudder pedals or the Virtual Cockpit rudder pedals?

For the external model you create an animation slot for the rudder and for the rudder pedals.

I haven't tried it but thinking about it, I wonder if you can use a dummy rudder in the ini.

Since the game engine seems to animate meshes along an axis (rudder, ailerons, elevators, etc), you could create a dummy rudder entry using the rudder pedal mesh, be sure that the pedal pivot is set correctly and so is the axis of rotation. You can change the axis of rotation in the ini too.

Something to try

I was referring to the virtual cockpit. Right now I have the stick and throttle working. I guess what I really need to know is , what is the name of the variable in the cockpit.ini file for rudder pedals.

Guest capun

Here's one example from the FE Dolphin Cocpit.ini

[CockpitSeat001]

Instrument[003]=RudderPedals

[RudderPedals]

Type=RUDDER_PEDAL

NodeName=Rudder_Pedal

MovementType=ROTATION_Z

Set[01].Position=15.0

Set[01].Value=-1.0

Set[02].Position=-15.0

Set[02].Value=1.0