Is this 'normal'

I am finishing up my cockpit for the OV10-D.

Everything was great , right up until I linked the CONTROL STICK so that it will 'pitch' and 'roll'.

Then all of a sudden all the 'needles' on my gauges went away, I started to link the needles to the gauge plane object and now a fair number of things in the cockpit (frame, hud etc) are out of whack.

Do you need to link everything in a hierarchy (like you need to in the external model) or are only certain things required to be linked.

BTW, without anything linked everything works fine (except the stick of course)

Guest capun

There should be only 1 root (parent) mesh like in the external airplane.

For the other meshes, you don't have to set up the proper hierarchy as long as there are no dependent children meshes requiring to be linked to another mesh for their movement/rotation

There should be only 1 root (parent) mesh like in the external airplane.

For the other meshes, you don't have to set up the proper hierarchy as long as there are no dependent children meshes requiring to be linked to another mesh for their movement/rotation

Thanks, here is what I did for the stick

I used the stick itself for pitch and used appropriate variable in the cockpit.ini file

I then used a dummy object for the roll (and roll variable) and then linked the stick above so that the stick will now roll as well.

Is this the 'correct' way of doing it. IYHO