Well, in my readings today i saw this one and im impressed with all the mirage fans and modders, nobody came up in creating this ugly little fella :biggrin:

Cheetah_D.jpg

:-P

Looks like a Mirage with that F-4 Phantom above (of Yankee Air Pirate) long nose...

Well....i think its "nousy" because is always messing with somoelse business... :tongue:

Realy...the long nose shoulb be the avionics/radar displacement. This is a South African venturo so.....i really dont know

Guest Saganuay82

Wikipedia to the rescue.

The Atlas Cheetah is a fighter aircraft of the South African Air Force. It was first built as a major upgrade of the Dassault Mirage III by the Atlas Aircraft Corporation of South Africa (established 1965) in South Africa. Three different variants were created, the dual-seat Cheetah D, and the single-seat Cheetah E and Cheetah C. The Cheetah E was retired in 1992, and the SAAF currently has a mixture of 28 Cheetah Cs and Cheetah Ds in operational service. From 2007, the Cheetah fleet will be replaced by 28 Saab JAS 39 Gripens (19C/9D) under the auspices of the Denel corporation (established 1992) that absorbed the functions of Atlas Aircraft Corporation in South Africa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Cheetah

The United Nations Arms Embargo in place from at the time prevented South Africa from purchasing new aircraft from other countries, thus making an upgrade of existing aircraft the only option. By this stage, the South African aviation industry had reached the level of technical capability to make a large and sophisticated upgrade possible, leading the SAAF to make the only possible decision, to radically upgrade one of the existing types in service.

So it's a heavily modified Dassault Mirage III by Atlas. The pic at the top is a Cheetah D. Yes it would be one of those that I would like to see in game.

An extensive modification and upgrade of the Dassault Mirage III undertaken by the Atlas Aircraft Corporation with some assistance from Israel Aircraft Industries (LAI), the Cheetah was first unveiled on 16 July 1986. The Cheetah consisted of a zero-houred Mirage airframe with canard surfaces and dogtooth wing extensions, provision for a bolt-on flight-refuelling probe, a pair of additional weapons pylons beneath the engine air intakes, a dual-purpose Israeli radar, a new avionics suite and a licence-built SNECMA Atar 9K-50 engine rated at 7200kg with afterburning. The programme involved the upgrading of 14 single-seat Mirage IIIEZs as Cheetah EZs, and eight two-seat Mirage IIID2Z conversion trainers and single-seat IIIR2Z tactical reconnaissance aircraft as Cheetah DZs and RZs respectively. The Cheetah EZ, which was declared operational by the South African Air Force in 1987, equipped only one squadron, No 5. The armament included two 30mm cannon and Armscor V3B Kukri and V3C Darter AAMs for air-to-air missions, and eight 227kg bombs could be carried in the attack role. No data related to the Cheetah EZ are available, but performance was essentially similar to that of the Mirage IIIE and overall dimensions were similar to those of the IAI Kfir.

http://avia.russian.ee/air/africa/atlas_cheetah.php

Edited by Sgt.KAR98

Well, in my readings today i saw this one and im impressed with all the mirage fans and modders, nobody came up in creating this ugly little fella :biggrin:

Cheetah_D.jpg

UGLY ? UGLY ? :nono::aggressive: How dare you call the cheetah ugly. :biggrin: J/K. I hope to be able to fly this bird one day along with the MIRAGE 2000, I wonder when that bird will be ready.