Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Flanders Plane Fest V1.00

post-21750-1180672269_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Flanders !!!

Flanders Plane Fest has been uploaded to CA campaigns area. May be a bit before its approved but It looks like I got it to upload.

Get it here http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4796

1. The Fest is now split into (2) parts to make the campaign work properly.

One Campaign is RAF vs Germany

One Campaign is France vs Germany.

2. Every Fighter Squadron will start from their own base. No base is shared between squads now. ** see the included .psp file for base locations.

3. There may be bomber and fighter squads at same bases but not as a norm.

4. This campaign uses a large amount of the Flanders Map. The squads are spread out quite a bit so I am hopeful all the squads will see different areas of the map in missions.

5. There are no flyable bomber squads at this time.

6. I have made a very intensive set of ground war paths so this should make for more ground realism in missions.

7. For designing this campaign I used the following:

Firecage FM for the DR1

Peter01 FM’s for Bortdafarms Planes

Rotagen’s FM for Borts DIII

Ver 3.0 FMs for Latons Pfalz and Morane’s

Hard FM mode for the flight model

Flanders Terrain by Edward.

You do not have to use these add-on FM’s at all, it’s your call. This is only information what I used to test and design with since I get asked a lot.

Thanks Firecage, it must have been a lot of work, looking forward to trying it out on the w/e. The pic is great too.

Hi Firecage thanks for the campain, took me 2 hours to get all the plane and FM together. I donot seem to get past the first mission for ether side FRC or French, I get mission outstanding success at the end, but alway the campain is ended I have tried many settings and dont know how many times flew the mission.

As you must have spent many hours doing this I don't want to dump it so any ideas. I think it must be my FE installation I have no problems with the rest of FE.

Don

Hey there...

Hmm I just got home and did a Download on the files and installed them. I will try and see if I can find anything wrong and reply back tonight. Give me a bit to try a few missions from each side and see if I get the same thing.

Thanks for the input, I need to know this kinda stuff, I fly the campaigns too 8)

Edited by Firecage

Hey there...

Hmm I just got home and did a Download on the files and installed them. I will try and see if I can find anything wrong and reply back tonight. Give me a bit to try a few missions from each side and see if I get the same thing.

Thanks for the input, I need to know this kinda stuff, I fly the campaigns too 8)

Hi Firecage just to add never got past the first Mission.

Don

Ok I played each side and did about 5 missions as RAF, French and German each. It kinda has the sound of a bad file or corrupt file. I had some problems gettting the file top upload and had to re do the upload about 6 times before it went good. Maybe you got hold of one of the incomplete files I had here for a bit.

Try and re-DL the campaign and install again. Make sure and delete any of the 2 campaigns you have installed now so we get a clean install of the new DL.

I can't get it to blow up here yet.

Is there ANYONE else who is having this problem as well?

Ok I played each side and did about 5 missions as RAF, French and German each. It kinda has the sound of a bad file or corrupt file. I had some problems gettting the file top upload and had to re do the upload about 6 times before it went good. Maybe you got hold of one of the incomplete files I had here for a bit.

Try and re-DL the campaign and install again. Make sure and delete any of the 2 campaigns you have installed now so we get a clean install of the new DL.

I can't get it to blow up here yet.

Is there ANYONE else who is having this problem as well?

I didn't have any problems last night, played a handful of RAF and German missions in the campaign - the only thing I noticed was the sights weren't calibrated if you chose the 'no cockpit' option on te EI and the MS - but this was the aircraft that I had for a while and dont tend to go 'no cockpit' anyway.

I'll have another go tonight and see what I can find (if anything).

Your work is much appreciated Firecage :good:

Hi Firecage No luck downloaded three times (also downloaded 1916 Defence campaign that works ok) this is what happened on the screen at the end of the first mission

Result Primary target destroyed

Rating outstanding success

score 2150

Remarks Olbt Don(me) awarded Iron cross the enamy offensive into Verne has been repulsed Jasa 2 Deutschmark Gypsies will be withdrawn from combat due to heavy casualties the campaign is finished.

Not bad A but but every time I get the same at the end campaign finished. Tried all settings hard normal no luck I think the download is corrupt but im no expert.

Will keep trying and let you know the outcome Many thanks

Don.

flown three missions and the campaign ends, ground forces completed objective i think.

Thanks for doing this by the way, it looks like its going to be a good in-depth game once this is sorted.

hmmmm ok I will check into this one a bit more. Im running 2 campaigns on it right now and im quite a few missions into both of them. I may have made the ground war to big or missed something in the pathing of the ground war. Please feel free to keep giving feedback and I will keep on the track and try to get it where it isnt as easy to win from the ground war as It is right now..

Thanks for input all 8)