Sign in to follow this  
Bongodriver

one step forward, 3 steps back and fall flat on my ass

Am I going to regret getting into 3d modeling? :dntknw:

What could have possibly killed my canopy and landing gear shock animations when I did nothing to change them since they last worked, I have tried an earlyer backup model which still works but am loathe to go back to it as my progress on the latest has been extensive, I can see no obvious differences in the particular animations in question between the two models.

I am using 3ds max 5.1 all animations are set as TCB, the keyframes are set correctly from 31 to 40 for animation 4 and 41 to 50 for animation 5 etc..... all other models with animations work correctly, it seems my user defined animations have been disabled for this model only, strange thing is my gear still animates propperly.

Well thats all the info I can think of, if anyone can help I would give a bottle of finest single malt whiskey gladly :rolleyes:

Problem solved, looks like I keep my whiskey :biggrin:

Been there... done that... own the t-shirt. :biggrin:

I guess sometimes the answers to some problems have to be sorted out by yourself, I don't believe I could explain quite how I fixed it to the next guy trying to 3d model, in simple terms though you might agree always suspect the last thing you worked on, no matter how much you believe it is correct, in my case all I did was delete the last component I created (how it actually caused the problem I will never know)

I guess sometimes the answers to some problems have to be sorted out by yourself, I don't believe I could explain quite how I fixed it to the next guy trying to 3d model, in simple terms though you might agree always suspect the last thing you worked on, no matter how much you believe it is correct, in my case all I did was delete the last component I created (how it actually caused the problem I will never know)

I've quite literally torn a project to pieces trying to fix something that the true resolution was staring me right in the face...

There's almost no pain like banging your head on a virtual wall. :grin: