Sign in to follow this  
bigstone

VA-115 A-1H skin and VA-22 A-4C skin?

You tried my site yet?

Paul,

Can you do a Decalized F11F-1 VF-33 and a VA-42 '61 Era skin for the A-1H. Its for a project.

Jake

Edited by suhsjake

Yeah, I sure can.....can you post me some pics of the SkyRaider you need?

I'll get one to you as soon as I can. By computer just took a dump.

You tried my site yet?

Yes, but the skins are for the A-4B and A-4F???

Doesn't take but a second to adapt them....the bitmaps are universal between the variations of A-4.

So the A-4F have bmp files called "A-4F_Nose.bmp", etc....just copy the squadron directory over to the A-4C, change the name of the bitmaps to "A-4C_Nose.bmp" etc....and make sure the decal.ini reads A-4C rather than A-4F, and you are good to go. Doing a simple "Replace" function in the decal.ini will make that go real fast, just go "Edit>Replace" then type "A-4F" in the "Find What" field and "A-4C" in the "Replace With" field....

Let me know if you have troubles, and I can easily adapt it for you

Doesn't take but a second to adapt them....the bitmaps are universal between the variations of A-4.

So the A-4F have bmp files called "A-4F_Nose.bmp", etc....just copy the squadron directory over to the A-4C, change the name of the bitmaps to "A-4C_Nose.bmp" etc....and make sure the decal.ini reads A-4C rather than A-4F, and you are good to go. Doing a simple "Replace" function in the decal.ini will make that go real fast, just go "Edit>Replace" then type "A-4F" in the "Find What" field and "A-4C" in the "Replace With" field....

Thank you I shall try that. Can you make a VA-115 skin for the A-1H?

Give me some reference pics and I will see what I can do for ya

OK I got the A-4F skin to work with the A-4C now VA-22 looks cool with proper tail code. Now I am trying the same with VA-72. Basically did the procedure you mentioned above since VA-72 is a A-4E squadron in WOV Rolling Thunder...I renamed the bmps and decals from A-4C to A-4E. The decals are present on the A-4E, but the rest of the plane is white, including the tires...I shall pm you my email address. Thank you

Check out the way the skins are named in the default A-4E folders....the bitmaps are just named "A-4_Nose.bmp"....Don't put an E.......

Indeed, the A-4B, C and E use the same bitmaps. However some texture files of the A-4F (fuselage and tail) are slighty different. (Some parts had to be re-located because of the avionics hump.)

Check out the way the skins are named in the default A-4E folders....the bitmaps are just named "A-4_Nose.bmp"....Don't put an E.......

Oooops!!! Thank you :clapping: