Sign in to follow this  
gulredrel

set AI plane skins while creating a mission?

Hello,

Is there a possibility to change the AI skins while using the create mission function?

In the missions I generated, MiG-17s and MiG-21s had only the metal finish and no camo at all.

Do I have to set the mission year to a specific time, or how can I achieve, that the enemy planes wear a camo skin?

Thanks for your answers.

GulRedrel

Assuming you've got some camo skins installed for those planes, all you need to do is to go into the .ini file of the plane and cut/paste the skin you want the ai to fly to be Textureset001, like this from a MiG 21 in my SFG Allied Force install:

[TextureSet001]

Directory=Yugoslav mig 21

Name=yugoslav mig 21

Nation=yugoslavia

Specular=1.000000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=1.000000

[TextureSet002]

Directory=Yugoslav

Name=Yugoslav

Nation=yugoslavia

Specular=0.500000

Glossiness=0.050000

Reflection=0.050000

[TextureSet003]

Directory=Russo1

Name=Russo1

Nation=Soviet

Specular=0.500000

Glossiness=0.050000

Reflection=0.050000

[TextureSet004]

Directory=SovietSilver1

Name=Soviet Silver

Nation=Soviet

Specular=1.000000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=1.000000

Squadron=

The ai will always fly with Textureset001 in game created missions.

Thanks for that last snippet of info. Didn't know about the textureset001 being the default skin used.

I've only been playing WoE for just under a week now and I've started very basic editing. Is there a way of making specific aircraft types and skins appear for a specific terrain? For instance, I'd like Arab or Israeli aircraft whenever I play a mission set in the Suez or israel 2 terrain to be used. Is there a way of doing this?

Not as far as I know.

Your best bet is to have seperate installs for each seperate plane set you want. That way you can have a Middle East install for Arab Israeli battles, a Korean war install, WWII European, Mediterrenean and Pacific installs etc.

There are quite a few threads and stickies about how to do seperate installs, but basically you start off with your default install, whether that's SF, SFG, WOV or WOE, create a new folder called, for example WOEMidEast and copy the contents of your WOE folder into there. Then you can add planes, skins, terrains, screens, campaigns etc into there, delete the stuff you don't want, like say the A-4B which wasn't used by either the Israelis or Arabs, and finally create a shortcut to the .exe from your desktop so you can go straight there to play.

Thanks for that.

Yeah I figured that'd be one method. Thing is, I already have 3 installs of WoE lol and space is limited. I guess I'm just gonna have to decide which theatre I prefer. Thanks anyway.

Tanks for these information. Sounds logical because there are no specific years given in the texturesets.

I'll try as soon as I can.

Edited by gulredrel