Sign in to follow this  

I am trying to get a pilot to show in my Hawk model but I don't know why I can't do it, I've copyed and pasted the ini entries from other models etc etc....

Strangely when I was first testing my model and was still using a borrowed ini file from the T-45 a single pilot would appear, I noticed he vanished when I changed the Nationality entry in the ini file.

What am I missing here?

Guest Saganuay82

Nationality and pilots have no connection.

Make sure the pilot.bmp, lod(s) and ini are in the main aircraft folder. Open the planes data.ini and scroll down to

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName=CF188P<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<make sure the name of the pilots bmp is there

;Position=0.0,3.62,0.83

Position=0.0,3.52,0.83

SeatModelName=seat_SJU-17

SeatPosition=0.00,3.61,0.4

You do have the proper X,Y,Z coordinates for the pilot model?

Also, though Saqanuay is correct for a specific pilot model, you don't have to have that line, in which case it should default to the pilot model included with the sim.

FastCargo

Edited by FastCargo

Another problem solved, thanks guys for the swift input, turns out I wasn't a million miles out, I needed to remember to add the relevant systemtype entry for the relevant component, the ini file I am editing was slightly different in having a Nose component which carries the pilots and I am just using Fuselage, but Saganuays hint was spot on for getting my main problem sorted.

Thanks again

can't wait until I am the guy giving the answers :yes: