Sign in to follow this  
Tailspin

Airfield AAA MGs

I've decided to place some extra trouble around the airfields in FE. AA Machine Guns. So, you say, AAA MG gunners have been around since the ATeam released them waaay back in December 06....what's the catch? The catch is these are placed in addition to the heavy AAA already there. These are separate ground objects and will always appear as MGs and only MGs. :biggrin: I've only added three guns per field and haven't messed with the original ATeam gunner parameters but, take my advice, don't go flying low and slow over an airfield unless you're sitting on a helmet. :grin: You can find the guns by following the tracers in the screenshot. Hope you enjoy. Any comments, suggestion, problems contact me here.

Oh yeah...."How to" text file available here in the downloads section. Follow the link in the Files Announcement.

post-12266-1181840054_thumb.jpg

(S!) ALL hi ;-)

Good one Tailspin! :clapping:

Nice to see more action from the ground,

I think now is a good time to train high alt bombing … :biggrin:

your friend in the FE sky

v. Deutschmark

Thanks v. Deutschmark.

I'd like to add that this is just the basic mod. We may need to make some adjustments to the gun parameters to achieve better results. I'd like to encourage feedback from everyone. Also I realize the installation procedure is a bit tedious. The reason I did it this way was mainly to encourage people to "get under the hood" of the sim so to speak. Also the Terrain files in my version of FE are different from the stock files (i've been placing other objects in the terrain and such) so I didn't want to upload the entire Targets and Types .inis. If it gets to be a problem (too complicated) for some folks I suppose I could reextract the stock files and fix them up. We'll see how it goes. :wink:

... the Terrain files in my version of FE are different from the stock files (i've been placing other objects in the terrain and such) so I didn't want to upload the entire Targets and Types .inis.

If your own additions to the terrain are interesting (maybe some fine French cat houses where you're taking your leave?), and I couldn't see it not being so (interesting that is), perhaps it would be worthy of a wonderfully altruistic CA shared download? [sorry for the shameless buttering-up :biggrin: ].

:biggrin: Well, the main problem with my terrain files as far as reposting them is I've copied the static aircraft from Edward's Flanders Terrain over to my Verdun Terrain along with the necessary additions to the Targets and Types .inis. Releasing those would be a no-no without permission. The advantage to doing the add on like I've done it is this method will work with any terrain that uses "stock" airfields. If I make the entire .inis they will overwrite existing ones and they would only work with the Verdun terrain.

Tailspin, howdy there... hey I know your still working somethings out on this mod but, when your done would you mind If I included it on the Plane Fest Campaigns?

Edited by Firecage

No problem Firecage. The mod works fine now. I was just worried that it may work too good. :wink:

Thanks Tailspin, gave it a go, and it does add a lot to the game.

Highly recommended mod!!!

Thanks Peter. Good to see you back. :good: