Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Working on WOE campaign...

I'm working on a late 80s/early 90s campaign for WOE.

Have we determined what the realistic parameters are for Soviet A2A missiles? I remember there's been some debate as to their effectiveness in the latest weapons patch.

Also, what's the difference between NOISE jamming and DECEPTIVE jamming?

I'm trying to get some good BVR stuff going on, but my AIM-120s kept missing those damn Su-27s, while the R-27s seemed to be glued to me. I checked the weapon_data file, and saw that the Alamos are HOJ! I didn't know that. I knew that the R-77s were.

Also, any other tips for increasing realism? I've increased the maxviewdistance settings to make things more "stressful".

I had a blast last night fighting 16 Eagles against 16 Flankers. Talk about a furball!

I'm working on a late 80s/early 90s campaign for WOE.

Have we determined what the realistic parameters are for Soviet A2A missiles? I remember there's been some debate as to their effectiveness in the latest weapons patch.

Also, what's the difference between NOISE jamming and DECEPTIVE jamming?

I'm trying to get some good BVR stuff going on, but my AIM-120s kept missing those damn Su-27s, while the R-27s seemed to be glued to me. I checked the weapon_data file, and saw that the Alamos are HOJ! I didn't know that. I knew that the R-77s were.

Also, any other tips for increasing realism? I've increased the maxviewdistance settings to make things more "stressful".

I had a blast last night fighting 16 Eagles against 16 Flankers. Talk about a furball!

the modifications to the weapons.ini file for the Soviet missiles was posted a while back. Seems to be about right.

noise jamming is just that, broadband noise that is designed to fill up the missile seeker receiver. HOJ defeats that pretty well so the second generation missiles were able to cope with that. Deception involves a number of techniques to confuse the seeker with respect to angle, bearing, velocity etc., so that the seeker misses and detonates outside of the lethal envelope. This involves much more sophisticated techniques in the jammer and much, much more sophisticated techniques in the seeker and acquisition radars to defeat.

Any further discussion will lead to black helicopters descending on the server location of this site and knocks on the door after midnight............................

I remember that thread...just can't find it. :)

So, do most ECM systems now use both or just one? Most of the aircraft only have the deceptive jammer in their INI files.

Thanks for the info. Never quite grasped the tech side of ECM...understood how to use it, just not how it works.

I remember that thread...just can't find it. :)

So, do most ECM systems now use both or just one? Most of the aircraft only have the deceptive jammer in their INI files.

Thanks for the info. Never quite grasped the tech side of ECM...understood how to use it, just not how it works.

with the ease of putting HOJ into almost every seeker in every missile worldwide - almost no one uses noise anymore except to degrade voice comms and search radars. Deception jammers have been the norm for a long time now.

I had ECM jammed down my throat for a long, long, long time and the tactics to defeat them. Just can't say too much more about it.