Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Hornet Leader PC Sim

Guts, Brains, and Firepower – Matrix Games Will Be Bringing Fighter Aces Everywhere Some Tactical Air Sim Action

Matrix Games, Dan Verssen Games (www.dvg.com), and Storm Cloud Creations are excited to announce Hornet Leader PC! Coming soon, gamers can take to the skies and experience the tactical thrill of commanding some of the most elite aircraft in the world in historical/plausible missions with fantastically realistic equipment and enemies.

David Heath, Director of Operations and Matrix Games, said “We’re thrilled to be working with such a skilled team such as Dan Verssen and Derek DiBenedetto. Hornet Leader PC has been a highly anticipated title for me since the moment we started talking to Dan and Derek about it. I’m confident gamers will share my excitement as more details become available.”

Dan Verssen of Dan Verssen Games also added “Working with Matrix Games thus far has been fantastic. Tactical air combat fans and air sim junkies alike will find Hornet Leader PC thoroughly enjoyable and we’re glad to be side-by-side with Matrix Games in bringing it to gamers across the world.”

Derek DiBenedetto of Storm Cloud Creations said “I have wanted to work with Matrix Games for some time. I’m very happy David and Dan asked me to be part of the team and even happier to be working on such a great project.”

In Hornet Leader PC, you command a squadron of the U.S. Navy’s elite F/A-18 Hornet Strike Fighters! You select the pilots and arm the aircraft based on real-world mission briefings. Once you reach your objective, you evaluate threats, and do what needs to be done to destroy the target!

Each pilot has his own set of unique skills and abilities. With each mission, a pilot’s skills increase, but so does his fatigue level. You must decide how hard to push your men as one of the many decisions that go into every mission. You will fly high intensity missions over Iraq, Libya, and North Korea from 1991 to 2007. Your weapon selection for each campaign is updated to accurately match the weapons available for that era.

Unfortunately, I believe this is a strategy game and not a flight sim.