Sign in to follow this  
Revvin

New RACE '07 website is now online

There's some very nice screenshots on the new site including some nice ones of damaged cars and weather effects which you can see by clicking here. Also there is news of how multiplayer will work as some players don't like the fact that RACE used Steam for multiplay, well Steam will be used again where you can race with up to 24 players or AI online but if you don't like Steam (personally I don't have a problem with it) you can opt to install and play offline only which takes away the need for installing Steam. However if you want to play online you must still use Steam. It probably won't please everyone but its a fair compromise.

There's going to be 14 tracks from aroudn the world including Brands Hatch, Zandvoort, Macau and Monza. There will also be three tracks included that are not used in the WTCC but there have been no details released as yet. There will be a nice array of cars on offer from the WTCC 2006 and 2007 seasons, there will also be some classic cars from the 1987 WTCC, F3000, Mini's, Caterhams, Radicals and Formula BMW cars.

Release date is autumn 2007, you can read more at the official site here.

Some screenshots from the official site:

race07_shot60.jpg

race07_shot68.jpg

race07_shot69.jpg

race07_shot63.jpg

race07_shot65.jpg

I love that they put it out on Steam. Makes things so easy. If everyone used Steam, I would never buy a game at the store again....and no more CDs to switch all the time.

I am happy to see a wider variety of cars here...the WTCC is nice, but gets kind of vanilla after awhile.

Yeah the new cars will be nice, the Formula BMW mod for rFactor is my favourite open wheel mod so its going to be interesting to see Simbin's take on that vehicle. I also like Steam, even with a CD copy though no messing around with a CD and infact once I'd installed and registered RACE through Steam once the next time I installed it after an OS re-install Steam just let me download it so if you lose your CD all is not lost. I think some racers felt Steam had too much control over what you did with the game as everythign was encrypted but I like that fact that I had one sim I could load up and play online without worrying about mismatches. If I want to play mods I have rFactor and GTR2. From reading the RACE '07 website though they will allows players to use their own skins online in the next version so that may be acceptable to those who did'nt like Steam for that reason.

Apparently if you click here: http://www.vgp.se/instructions.do and scroll down to the red box labelled 'Ladda Ner' thre is a 5mb file which when loaded into Steam opens up to around 400mb and is a early playable demo shown to a Swedish groups of racers> I've not tried it as I don't want to spoil the game for me, early demos can be dissapointing and not very representative of the final game so I think I'll wait.