These are the one's that howling1 did (along with ghostrider883's skins) a few years ago - prepatch 4, and were badly in need of an update/upgrade.

I've just about finished updating ALL of them (using the most current data inis to use the most current lods), still need to tweek some decal inis to get the stuff in the right places...I hope!

Is there any interest in me uploading updated main, data, loadout and decal inis??? A couple even have the newest 'SoviateSilver' bmps, as they were changed too. I haven't fixed all the skins, just the most common.

I've also looked closly at Bob's F-7 series for Pakistan, but there's not a lot that can be done with them (see the 'Loadout Thread' in the KB) -- they're missing 2 pylons, and need new 21F/J-7 models, as we can't use the 21MF body (different canopy, dorsal spine, etc). I have, however, updated the cockpits (slightly) using the A-4F's, since it has a better radar layout and an RWR screen.

So, any interest in them?? Just killing time here, whilst unemployed :sorry:

Wrench

kevin stein

Actually, disregard the note about the Paki Fishbeds...been messing with them, and can't get the cockpit to sit right (Scooter F pit), especially with the fake hud from MigGeg...just don't sit right.

have to experiment with the Phantom J that Bob used originally...wonder if I can 'move' the 2nd engine's gauges out of the way.....or tweek the Magoo/Badger Fishbed pits to a more modern look....or just wait and see what the Mirage/MiG Factory comes up with... :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Speaking of those IAF MiG-21s(T-76,77, 96, 96B), has any one seen howling1 around? Been a while since he last posted. Hope he is doing ok.

Edited by ghostrider883

I know Bob's had some health problems, and took off to get well. I haven't heard from him since the end of last year/beginning of this one.

I, too, hope he's well.

Nice to see you too, Ghost!!!

On the IAF Fishbeds, I've been using the Magoo/Badger pit set up ... I'm hoping for the later models this is correct. It's a pity we don't have a real 'bis' body for use on the later versions (of which I just found the 96B - it's next on the list to fix)

News on the Pakistani versions -- got the pit straightened out (A-4F) on all but the F-7P skybolt, it uses the 21F pit by Magoo, as it apppears have a gun-ranging radar only. And those pits just look sssoooo good! The only problem is the lack of an actual pylon for the outer hardpoint, so those stores will remain 'suspended in space'. Hopefully, we'll be getting the correct body at some point in the near future.

Still having lod problems....I'm pretty sure I can't upload the pre-patch lods here, but I'll keep trying to updated the data inis to use the most current. Of course, that means new skins and decal inis....sigh...more work!

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey, Wrench I can send you the some fixes for the F-7's and others ones too.

I know Bob's had some health problems, and took off to get well. I haven't heard from him since the end of last year/beginning of this one.

I, too, hope he's well.

Nice to see you too, Ghost!!!

On the IAF Fishbeds, I've been using the Magoo/Badger pit set up ... I'm hoping for the later models this is correct. It's a pity we don't have a real 'bis' body for use on the later versions (of which I just found the 96B - it's next on the list to fix)

Wrench

kevin stein

For the 21PF & FL, you could use Mago's MiG-21PF pit, for the 21M & MF, Mago's MiG-21MF pit is perfect. Type 75 & Bison are not possible to duplicate in game due to lack of proper models and ckpts.

Indian MiG-21 designations:

MiG-21F-13 - Type 74

MiG-21PF - Type 76

MiG-21FL - Type 77 (license produced by HAL)

MiG-21M - Type 96( license produced by HAL)

MiG-21MF - Type 96B

MiG-21bis - Type 75( license produced by HAL)

MiG-21U/UM - Type 66/66B

MiG-21 bis UPG - Bison (bis airframes upgraded by HAL)

For the 21PF & FL, you could use Mago's MiG-21PF pit, for the 21M & MF, Mago's MiG-21MF pit is perfect. Type 75 & Bison are not possible to duplicate in game due to lack of proper models and ckpts.

That's pretty much what I've been doing...got the IAF MiGs about 96% done (they've been edited to use the latest lods)

Speaking of the UPG...well, lets just say that even if it's the wrong cockpit -A-4F-...there's a few surprises in store for that ....<cough>workingHUD<cough>. I'll have some screenies up later today (after I go sleeping...)

I'd like to use a modded Phantom pit, but can't figure out the moves for some of the insturments, to say nothing of needed a square Radar/EO display....

One question to all:

I need a better shape for the KAB-500 EOGB...I'm using the FAB, and it's way wrong. The thing almost looks like an R73 on steroids...so, anyone have an idea for a better stand-in body shape? Or do we have not-busy 3d modeler who wants to volenteer???? :wink: All the data is already done, it works ingame...just need a better shape.

2nd question to ghostrider:

I can't find a list of the serial numbers for UPG/Bison. I looked at B-H, but couldn't find them. You have them somewhere? I probably make the decals too

Still having a problem with the Paki F-7s; I'm stuck working with the A-4 pit, because of the type of raday. The F-7P uses the standard 21F pit...so that might get released today, along with the Type 74 (since they're the easiest). Gonna release them in dribbles and drabs, as seperate units. I won't be updating ALL the skins, just the ones that came with originaly. The end users will have to make any adjsutments in the decals ini themselves.

Wrench

kevin stein

2nd question to ghostrider:

I can't find a list of the serial numbers for UPG/Bison. I looked at B-H, but couldn't find them. You have them somewhere? I probably make the decals too

Still having a problem with the Paki F-7s; I'm stuck working with the A-4 pit, because of the type of raday. The F-7P uses the standard 21F pit...so that might get released today, along with the Type 74 (since they're the easiest). Gonna release them in dribbles and drabs, as seperate units. I won't be updating ALL the skins, just the ones that came with originaly. The end users will have to make any adjsutments in the decals ini themselves.

Wrench

kevin stein

Kevin,

I hope you know that the Mirage Factory released a dedicated Indian Type 74 model :good:

I had put together a list of actual IAF MiG-21 Bison serial numbers (CUXXXX series) based on pics, magazines and articles for someone who said he may work on a dedicated MiG-21-93 3d model later. Unfortunately I have those numbers in my PC at home(I am away from home now and it will take a few days before I get back home) .

An idea for you, may be you can use Phamtuan's No.7 Sqdn IAF "Battle Axes" skin (can be found at Major Lee's) for either the Type 96 or 96B since the Battle Axes flew both types duting their MiG-21 days. I have the sqdn's offical history and there are lots of wonderful bits of information from their MiG-21 days.

(slaps self on forhead) DUH!! I've had it sitting here in my downloads folder...what a dummy I am!

Ok, after a quick look at it...it just a superb as all their other aircraft.

But I thought the 74 didn't have an internal gun?? or IRM capabilits until near the end of it's service life, to say nothing of the centerline tank.

hmm...

well, I'll still release my mod (even thought it's nothing close to MF quality!!). I even created some 'scrap' drop tanks for it. B-R had something about them 'using drop tanks of a non-MiG type, until the 490L arrived, but that caused problems as to not allowing for the GP9 to be loaded'

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok, as promised, some screenies....

general view of the bird, with ghost's gray skin. I think the nose roundel might be a touch small, have to adjust that in the decals ini

bison-1.jpg

Now people, please don't laugh at my heeedious tweeks to the A-4F cockpit...

I took a page from AD & Lexx_Luthor's book and did a few 'moves'. For some reason, I couldn't get the front windshield frame to move, cause these have a one-piece windshield with no framing (except for the top).

It's an inelegant, not-quite-right fit at best, but it does work.

Adder targeting...

bison-pit-1.jpg

Aphid targeting...

bison-pit-2.jpg

Not shown is the DTV for the KAB-500 EOGB that I created for the Bison, or the gun (which shoots right through the center reticle - sometimes things just work!). BTW, no AG radar, as we're using the avioncs70.dll

Now, if I (or someone smarter) could figure out how to re-calibrate the gauges for metric.....we'd realllly be in business!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

(slaps self on forhead) DUH!! I've had it sitting here in my downloads folder...what a dummy I am!

Ok, after a quick look at it...it just a superb as all their other aircraft.

But I thought the 74 didn't have an internal gun?? or IRM capabilits until near the end of it's service life, to say nothing of the centerline tank.

hmm...

well, I'll still release my mod (even thought it's nothing close to MF quality!!). I even created some 'scrap' drop tanks for it. B-R had something about them 'using drop tanks of a non-MiG type, until the 490L arrived, but that caused problems as to not allowing for the GP9 to be loaded'

Wrench

kevin stein

The Type 74 had a single cannon on the starboard side. It also had a different antenna configuration when compared to other MiG-21Fs.(all of which have been accurately represented in Mirage Factory's model). Gp-9 was never used on early IAF MiG-21s(Type 74 & Type 76). Only the Type 77 was rigged up to carry the GP-9.

Here's some trivia for you, one of the first IAF MiG-21FLs that carried out GP-9 gunpod trials was fitted with Gnat's Mk. IV predictor gunsight.

You may also want to rig up the Type 96B to carry the Kh-66. My copy of 7 Sqdn history states that the No.7 Sqdn exchanged their Ms for MFs and carried out Kh-66 trials on the MFs as the Ms were not capable of carrying the Kh-66.

AAAAhHHH...nuts!!! And I worked so hard on those 'unknown origin' drop tanks, too!!! :rolleyes: (well, about 10 minutes anyway!!!)

So I guess I'll just do an update for it; hate to waste all that work (even thought the MF version is SO much better! - I've never seen them get thing wrong, so it must be me!)

Probably just pull it from the download base. Pity to waste all your original work on the decals and such...hmm...

I'll just update it to correct the goofs. Sometimes I just can't keep all my MiGs straight - which versions does what to whom :dntknw:

I'll look into the Kh66 for 96B. Shouldn't be more than a few seconds to add it.

I actually like how the Bison is coming out..albeit with an incorrect pit, and I even figured out how to convert the altimeter and airspeed indicator to meters/KMPH...it's off a little on the speed, but it's only a few KMPH off. Even used Moonjumper's fix for the LABS timer, now converted to a DME - in KM!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I actually like how the Bison is coming out..albeit with an incorrect pit, and I even figured out how to convert the altimeter and airspeed indicator to meters/KMPH...it's off a little on the speed, but it's only a few KMPH off. Even used Moonjumper's fix for the LABS timer, now converted to a DME - in KM!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

And I will make those MiG-21 Bison serial number decals once I get back home and have a look at those serial numbers list :good: .

Ok folks, all the IAF Fishbeds are up in the downloads section:

Type 74

Type 76

Type 77

Type 95

Type 96

Type 96B

The only one still 'in the hangar' is the Bison...still having some issues with the cockpit.

I do know for a fact there is a 21-93 in the works by gerald14 (as I'm kinda helping him out with it); but I'm trying to make some edits on the cockpit he's using, with not a lot of luck.

So, I may release mine as a 'whathehellisthis' mod, until something can be figured out with the nice pit he wants to use. (just can't get rid of the needles for the 2nd engine without losing the main panel for some reason...very strange...)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Hi pilots :biggrin:

There is little surprise with WIP status for Type77 somewhere over the world :rolleyes:

BTW: have you got anybody Hi-res (1024x1024, or higher) silver skin or templates for Mig-21PF/FL, please?

Edited by kukulino

Hi pilots :biggrin:

There is little surprise with WIP status for Type77 somewhere over the world :rolleyes:

BTW: have you got anybody Hi-res (1024x1024, or higher) silver skin or templates for Mig-21PF/FL, please?

:cool:

News on the Pakistani versions -- got the pit straightened out (A-4F) on all but the F-7P skybolt, it uses the 21F pit by Magoo, as it apppears have a gun-ranging radar only. And those pits just look sssoooo good! The only problem is the lack of an actual pylon for the outer hardpoint, so those stores will remain 'suspended in space'. Hopefully, we'll be getting the correct body at some point in the near future.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench just an idea but couldn't you create the missing pylons in the same way as Fast Cargo recently created new canards for the SU-27, and then place them in the appropriate places under the wings so that it appears that the stores appear to be suspended from them?

Who Needs the F-7P if you have the F-7PG?

img00050.jpg

img00051.jpg

They are for my own use but if you send me a PM and a box of chocolate. Maybe I'll send it too you

:biggrin:

Mirage pit??? Now THAT is thinking outside the box!!!

Wrench

kevin stein