Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

Need help, tiles and trees and problems

I've been messing with some stuff, thought I understand TE by now, but heeeey, not so fast apparently.

Ok enough ranting, here's the deal. I placed trees on wanted tiles in position that I wanted. However when I went to game to see what is going on, it turned out that trees are misplaced...sort off...anyway they are placed correctly but over much smaller area, I would say it looks insanely close to 256x256, but my tiles are 512x512. :dntknw:

As you know TE is having trouble with 512x512 tiles(can't see half of the image) so you have to work with 256x256 while in TE.

Is this connected in some way and is actually a Catch22 of our "beloved" TE, or there is a simple fix for that and I don't actually have to point a gun towards TE shortcut on my desktop?

Edited by Brain32

I don't know that you can fault the TE for this. It works fine for the tiles it was intended to be used with. It was never designed to work with 512x512.

I can't help as I stick with the standards on tile creation. You might PM Polak, I'm pretty sure he has worked mostly with the larger tiles.

Thx for response :) I know it's not really TE's fault, I would just like it to be a bit more flexible...

In my usual "do now think later" manner :biggrin: I populated almost all tiles with trees, only then to realize they are not showing properly in game :rofl: so I went a bit - :crazy:

I'll try to contact Polak, I would really like to keep higher res tiles and throw some trees on it...

Well guess what happened? :biggrin:

I FIXED IT! :biggrin:

All those trees were not placed in vain, I messed around TE and tried something I considered a loooooooooooooong shot.

I took one tile, selected the first tree in the list, and manually typed in coordinates, but I decided to try to go off 256x256 and I put in x=511; y=511, saved it all and when I loaded the game, everything was perfect :biggrin:

Was it a bug, human error or I discovered a method, I don't know and it's too late here now for me to trial and error it a bit and see. I'm just happy that I don't have to go through placing all the trees again lol.