Sign in to follow this  
Bandy

Can't find PzKpfw IV or Jagdtiger...

Hello,

As the subject line says, I can't find the Jagdtiger or PzKpfw IV (not the Tiger, as that is VI), as required for "Fallen Angel" v1.1

Looked and searched here at CA, looked around at the other "usual suspect" sites, all to no avail. I'm at that point of frustration where it could be sitting right in front of me, and I might not see it.

If anyone has recently dwnlded them, please let me know where they are... Thanks.

ALSO, simply wondering why the 88mm Flak has never been modeled for Strike Fighters??? Seems like such a basic requirement for WWII era ETO...

Edited by B Bandy RFC

Check Geo's sight for the Panzers...I think they're his. There should also be some here in the "Other Non-Aircraft Mods" section (I think that's the correct name...go to the D/L section and click whatever sounds closest to that)

Also, the 88 very much exists...it's in Edward EAW terrain, along with a whole slew of AAA units, either in the EAW terrain or add-ons:

20mmFlak

20mmFlak Veirling (sp?)

88Flak36

88Flak36 emplaced

3.7in

3.7in emplaced

Bofors

Sdkfz251 Flak

M-16 half track, Quad 50s (Geo's I think)

I think some are either Geo's or Kesselbruts...plus some Dev A-Team items as well. Lot's of WW2 ships as well.

Now, mind you, most a just 'loose' in the terrain folder. What I did, =and this is VERY time consuming=, 'foldered' them as ground objects. Which means opening and examing every lod with a hex editor to determine which bmp or tga goes with whom. Then updating the ***.ini to Patch4 spec -this step is only needed if they're taken OUT of the terrain folder. They'll work just fine floating round in there, as well.

(I've got 82 ww2 ground objects, some being the stock stuff -cargoship, tanker, M35A, Jeep, etc, about 10 items)

Wrench

kevin stein

Bandy-

In the readme to the campaign files, scrapper credits Russo with the Jagdtiger and the PZKW IV. I'm not sure if these are available for separate d/l. Perhaps drop Russo a PM?

Wrench-

I have also been working through the various "loose" groundobject files in the EuroWW2 terrain (and a couple of others) to "folder" them as separate groundobjects in the post-SP4 format. Handy for campaign building, but, as you say, very time consuming :rolleyes:

Given the current renaissance of interest in the WW2 era, might there be some mileage in putting together a comprehensive WW2 Groundobjects pack?

Geo has a great one (or two!) on his site, but those obviously only cover his stuff.

I appreciate that probably many permissions will be required, but I'm happy to do some gruntwork to put it together, contributors willing.

(Apologies if this is verging on thread-hijacking, but the purpose is in keeping with the original question, I think :wink: )

Cheers,

baltika

You guys are stars! I really appreciate all your hard work!

Thanks all.

I had no idea all that stuff was hiding in Edwards EAW terrain. This will be my first implementation of that fine work by all accounts.

And no, the panzers are not Geo's, though I can see why you thought so. He has some really nice stuff there covering both WW's !!!

Some other quick thoughts: for the stock soviet trucks (fuel truck, zil), you'll need to pull the data ini and change the NationName= to "WW2 Soviet". Otherwise they'll show up working for the nazis. :wink:

And don't forget the "Pirate" curiser I rebadged!! aarrr!

I couldn't find the jadtiger either...have to go find it now!

Wrench

kevin stein