Sign in to follow this  
gambit168

over speed sound for FE

Hey guys

I posted this in the FE forum, but im sure this Forum is the best place for this kind of question

does any1 know if its possible to get an overspeed wind in the wires sound to work , like in I think it was ( flying corps)

like a tuning fork, the pilot would here the pitch changes as the wind picked up in a dive, through the note changes in the wires,and know when they were near to over stressing the airframe , very usefull if flying N11's , or D3 as the thought of loosing a lower wing to overstress was a major consideration during combat

would be nice if it could be done, i know there is a

=WingtipVortexEmitter in (particlesystem)

I know thats for the jet sims, but I was wondering how this effect is made to work , and could it be taylored to suite us somehow?

any thought

cheers guys

Only the specific "sound events", mentioned in the Aircraftobject.ini, will work.

The particlesystem.ini has nothing to do with it, unless you're seeking a visual effect to go along with the sound effect (and in that case, you'd be much better off creating a separate effect.ini).

That does not mean that one cannot improvise, however. For example, take a look at the "windsoundname" entry. In the past, I've created an overspeed sound for propeller-driven aircraft using that specific sound event.

Heck said you made a mod for jets kinda spooling up progressive sounds for wov

so i gues it can be done , if lets say the default prop sound stopped at 150mph and the wind in the wire started until either the pullout of the dive was complete , or the machine went terminal & brokeup or hit terra ferma

do you think this idea workable?

Cheers for yer prompt reply earlier m8