Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Rolling Thunder

Well I made it 3 missions before I was shot down and captured. However these 2 shots are from my 2nd mission. We ran up on the target, I dropped my bombs and pulled off. I hit F6 to get a BDA when I saw 2 other groups of aircraft hit the same target as me from 2 different directions. It was awesome, they came in low and plastered the target. Which was good as my MK82's did do a damn thing to that bridge. This series never ceases to amaze me. So now that I am "captured", I guess I will fly as an F-4B or F-100 units next.

Well I made it 3 missions before I was shot down and captured. However these 2 shots are from my 2nd mission. We ran up on the target, I dropped my bombs and pulled off. I hit F6 to get a BDA when I saw 2 other groups of aircraft hit the same target as me from 2 different directions. It was awesome, they came in low and plastered the target. Which was good as my MK82's did do a damn thing to that bridge. This series never ceases to amaze me. So now that I am "captured", I guess I will fly as an F-4B or F-100 units next.

Lucky you to have been captured.

Both times i've been shot down in Thuds killed me. That you only made 3 missions is something though, the first time i made 82 and the second attempt got me nailed at mission 41.

Well I a hope to get that far. Right now I am redoing the entire Rolling Thunder Campaign using mods here is an example, you all remember Easykills F-105D-25RE mods? Well I am doing this

[AirUnit034]

AircraftType=F-105D-25RE

Squadron=469TFS

ForceID=1

Nation=USAF

RetireDate=4/1967

DefaultTexture=469_Late_65

Every entry that has a unit he did I am replacing it with his mod and skins. I already am using Sundowners high res skins for the F-4's, then I am going to use JSF Aggies F-100 skins to beef up the Hun units. Then on to the F-8's etc. I always want to do this. So far its looking great. After that is done and is working well I am going to hit the Linebacker campaign using correct planes etc and adding things like the F-111A. It will be on of the more correct versions of the campaigns IMHO. I needed a project like this will all the BS going on in my life right now.