Sign in to follow this  
peyo

TGA tiles modding trouble

Hello

I'm working on a map project, and I have to modify some river tiles (tga format). I've tried with photofiltre and photoshop, but everytime the result is a totally white tile when I fly over.

Before the nervous breakdown, can one of you tell me what's wrong in my way of proceeding ?

Thanks for all !

Make sure you save as 32 bit TGA with alpha layer for transparency for water...

Make sure you save as 32 bit TGA with alpha layer for transparency for water...

great ! ok for the 32 bit, but how to do with alpha layer ?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=21102

This thread has information about TGA alpha layer... Be sure to look closely at a stock tile that has water and you will see what needs to be in place to designate water...

ML.

Well, now I know why you're a Major mr Lee !

Many thanks for your help, things gonna work much better now

I see TK gave you the better advice at the Thirdwire forum... It's easy once you see it. Which program are you using for graphics?

Guys sorry to barge in asking not exactly related questions, but I have a problem with trees on river tiles, they are "submerged" under ground and I don't know why :dntknw:

Is that somehow related to "Detail" option, where one has: "Fractal", "Height Map", and "No Detail" options to choose for a certain tile?

Objects (LOD files) have a known issue with tiles that have an associated HM file... This may well apply with TOD files too, not sure. Known bug, TK just hasn't gotten around to fixing it...

I see TK gave you the better advice at the Thirdwire forum... It's easy once you see it. Which program are you using for graphics?

Well I'm using photoshop 7, and I must have a config problème with it : it refuses to save as tga with the alpha channel; the best result I had is a semi visible tile. It's quite stupid, as I'm only trying to give 20% more brightness on 3 tiles !

About TK, I'm unable to connect to the forum since yesterday night, so I have not still seen what's written on my trouble..

Guest capun
Well I'm using photoshop 7, and I must have a config problème with it : it refuses to save as tga with the alpha channel; the best result I had is a semi visible tile. It's quite stupid, as I'm only trying to give 20% more brightness on 3 tiles !

About TK, I'm unable to connect to the forum since yesterday night, so I have not still seen what's written on my trouble..

Have you patched PhotoShop 7? I think there was an issue in the early versions solved by the patches. If I remember correct PS should be up to Version 7.02

Damn, my PSP7 is not patched yet !

I do it right now and I'll tell you what's new after.

Thank you Capun

For Deuces who asked me for , here are the screenshots we talked about, I didn't manage to post them at Thirdwire forums

It shows what happens when I'm just trying to give 20% more brightness to a tile...

post-10393-1190284486_thumb.jpg

post-10393-1190284505_thumb.jpg

post-10393-1190284550_thumb.jpg

Edited by peyo

Capun is a Heroe !

Photoshop patched to 7.0.1, tga files are now working fine, end of the trouble

That's been a known issue peyo. Even the simple tga fix would have solved it and has been discussed- see this thread http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...=19908&st=0

Glad you got it sorted out :ok:

Well, as my english is quite poor, I've probably missed to post you're refering to, I'll try to look better next time :blush::sorry:

Thanks for all !