Sign in to follow this  
Revvin

RACE 07 gone gold

Simbin has announced that their RACE 07 simulation has now gone gold and they have a world map which you can view here listing the release dates around the world.

RACE 07 features:

• The full 2007 and 2006 seasons of the WTCC, the historic WTCC’87 class, Formula 3000, Formula BMW, the Mini Cooper Challenge, the Radical SR3 and SR4 (in various configurations), as well as the Caterham CSR200, CSR260 and CSR320 Concept

• Intense “single seater” action: on these open racecars SimBin has developed a helmet camera as never seen before. Not only does it accurately resemble the view from inside a helmet, it also has all the visor dynamics the real fan could wish for. The visor gets dirty and can be cleaned by pulling a protective layer of plastic off, the so called “tear-off.”

• 32 different tracks and variations from all over the world, including unique city tracks as well as legendary tracks such as Monza, Zandvoort, Brands Hatch and Imola

• Online World Championship functionality with rankings and leader boards

• Human-like AI opponents that behave as natural race drivers, trying to force the player into error

• Enhanced community appeal, community drivers, customized skins and league-support

I still need to try the demo for this.

Is there MP support for AI? rFactor has this, but GTL and GTR2 don't and is one of their biggest shortcomings for me.

Oh yeah!

anyone know a price point for this one yet?

I still need to try the demo for this.

Is there MP support for AI? rFactor has this, but GTL and GTR2 don't and is one of their biggest shortcomings for me.

Do try the demo, apart from team Fortress 2 its all I've been playing! (and still no good lol) There is AI support in multiplayer, this is from the official site:

Human-like AI opponents that will force you into an error.

The AI in RACE 07 is better than ever. They behave as natural, trying to force you into an error, putting the pressure on by making moves and stressing you by flashing their headlights. You’ll have a hard time defending from these fanatics; the strength/aggression of the opponents can also be adjusted in the game!

Online artificial intelligence

RACE 07 includes online AI which means that you can fill up the field of cars on a server with computer generated opponents. This feature assures a challenging online experience, even if you are just a few people logged into the server.

Oh yeah!

anyone know a price point for this one yet?

I don't know, no mention of price for Steam and it seems that the Steam release will follow the boxed release, perhaps the regular publishers want a bite at the cherry first. I don't know which one to get, the exchange rate for the $ vs the £ is really good so games on Steam cost half as much after the conversion is done. Play.com has the boxed version which is being distributed by Atari over here for a very reasonable £24.99 as oppossed to £34.99 RRP.

Ok, cool. With MP AI I might be able to convince some people to get it.

I just saw Amazon has the boxed version on pre order for $24.99

Wow, they put a lot of effort into the product description there.

Very nice indeed!

A little squirrely in those corners! Maybe need some "Extreme wets" bolted on like at Fuji

I thought you might like it, not long to release now. Its been a while since I've been excited about a new racing sim release.

Yeah.....next week I think....the 10th if I recall

I don't know what day it is, but after playing the demo this weekend I'll be getting it off of Steam. The AI is just excellent. They make mistakes, they're good at avoiding accidents, and they don't run you off the road (I'm looking at you, robot AI rfactor!!)

The graphics are of course great and the physics modeling seems spot-on. I could drive the cars on the edge without worrying about them falling off it without warning every single lap.

I won't be dumping rFactor or my GT-series sims from Simbin, but this is a great addition for only $20.

Yeah....the AI is real good.

I think this is exactly what we have needed. The GT, stock car, open wheel stuff is great....but it's been beat into the ground.

It's great to see the touring cars get some love, and even the open cockpit stuff like the Radicals. I love those cars. I very nearly got started racing in the SRF class in the SCCA before I got married and had responsibilties.....

Like this car.

2004specracer.jpg