Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

Future?

One of my co workers that builds was telling me about "Future"....It's some sort of floor cleaner or something.

I guess you put it on your model when you are down or something....

Anyone ever heard about this?

I used it on triplane I built once just to see what would happen.It shined it up nice, the same effect can be achieved with a gloss coat.

Since I posted this, I have been doing some research in it.

From what I gather it is used for more than just a sealant. Many people put it on right after the base coat. Then decals go on top of it. The future somehow prevents the decals to "shine" and they blend in with the paint job better. I have also read about mixing talcum powder into it and creating a super duty seam filler.

Interesting stuff....think I might give it a try on a practice throw away model first

I've heard about using 'Future' before...I'm always a clear coat kind of guy though for making the decals 'blend in'.

FastCargo

Those pics I posted of the F-20 in the model gallery are of "futured" & after I dullcoated it. The cheesy cam-phone pics are the future ones. It's good for getting the decals settled down. On problem areas, I usually brush on some slightly watered-down future before the decal. The best part is it's cheap & a bottle will last quite a while. Much cheaper than clear gloss paint. I think I paid $5 at Ace Hardware for 27 oz. Put a drop on position lights, after painting the red & green. You can also tint it with a bit of green paint (acrylic) and brush it on a clear hud piece to add a little color to the cockpit.

yeah...just tried future.....awesome. I used some while detailing a cockpit panel....really makes the dials pop