Hello all I am new here great web site by the way. :biggrin:

My question is can the model's be convert back to .3ds file type. The ones I ham on about are the ships in the Thirdwire Series (SF/WOV/WOE/WWI) Add-On Ships download part.

Any help would be great thank's

Unfortunately, no.

Once the model has been exported to the games LOD format, there is no way to reverse-it back to a max file. You need the primary source for that.

Sorry

Wrench

kevin stein

Unfortunately, no.

Once the model has been exported to the games LOD format, there is no way to reverse-it back to a max file. You need the primary source for that.

Sorry

Wrench

kevin stein

Thank's for the reply, that's too bad oh well. Can I ask do know any one on the forum that might be willing to share some of there model's of ships in a .3ds file type? :biggrin:

Edited by Fleet Command CC

You'd have to ask the original modelers. But don't be disappointed if you get a "NO"

Wrench

kevin stein

You'd have to ask the original modelers. But don't be disappointed if you get a "NO"

Wrench

kevin stein

Thank I will try that, can I ask where can I get the games that these model's work with, also do you have control of the ship in these games or is it just the airplanes?

Thank's for the by the way niceone. :no:

These ships work in the Thirdwire series of flight sims: Strike Fighters, Wings over Vietnam, Wings Over Europe. You can get them all from Thirdwire's web store. As for controlling them, sorry, as of now only planes are controllable.

These ships work in the Thirdwire series of flight sims: Strike Fighters, Wings over Vietnam, Wings Over Europe. You can get them all from Thirdwire's web store. As for controlling them, sorry, as of now only planes are controllable.

Thank's for the info Jedi Master shame the ship's are not controlable.

Yes, but after all this series of sims was basically done by one man, not a team. :wink: