Sign in to follow this  
Revvin

GTR2 tracks converted to RACE 07

I'm not sure if I like the idea of all these track conversions for RACE 07 as it may make multiplay as hard to pick up as rFactor because of version mismatches but you can download a selection of GTR2 and other add-on tracks here at NoGrip.

The legality of these conversions is a little unknown though discussions have been allowed on RaceSimCentral and they have quite close ties with simbin and usually tend to shut down any talk of unauthorised conversions like this. One member there suggested that Simbin has been ok about it in the past as long as its tracks from their older games being converted to their new game instead of the other way around. In this thread at RSC I suggested maybe Simbin should setup a system in Steam where you can enter your codes from the GTR2 and GT Legends manuals and be allowed to download officially converted tracks, maybe charge a small ammount for users who don't have them.

Edited by Revvin

I don't know man....It's cool and all, but defeats the whole purpose of Race.

If Simbin released the tracks as I suggested by allowing users to input the codes from their copies of GTR2 and GT Legends into Steam then it would work as everyone online would have the same group of tracks but this will inevitably lead to more conversions of conversions of conversions of tracks made for sims many years old and showing their age with poor track textures, squared off corners etc.

No, I'm sorry....I didn't say that right.....

If official and supported by Simbin....yeah, great idea, I'm all for it......

But if these are unofficial user converted add ons, that is what defeats the whole purpose of it.

It would be nice if SB did it themselves and added them to RACE over Steam for free, releasing one a month or something.

Well now it seems users are making progress on adding modded cars to RACE 07 too :( I've been excited about this games release but now I feel it will just be a headache to play online as it is in rFactor and GTR2 :(

Hmmm. I would think they'd be able to stop that if they wanted to relatively easy.

Yes I think it could be stopped and probably should for the benefit of online play. From discussing it at another forum it seems cars won't work online but add-on tracks will.