Sign in to follow this  
Dysko

Weapons disappearing in loadout screen

I wanted to make all AI planes flyable in Strike Fighters - Project 1 Gold. To add the cockpit to the Il-28 flyable, I downloaded Wrench's Il-28T. I installed it, and then added the cockpit to the stock Il-28.

I had no problem in doing this.

Then, as the readme for the Il-28T said, I added the torpedo to the weapondata.ini, following the instructions in the Knowledge Base section. I ran SFP1 and, when selecting the loadout, I saw that no weapons were available. I tried to change plane, but for every plane the weapon list was blank. I reinstalled the Weapon Pack, tried again and it happened the same thing: before adding the torpedo, all weapons were available, after adding it the list was blank.

What should I do to make the torpedo work? Did I do something wrong?

Also, should I make a backup copy also of weapondata.dat? I had a backup copy only of weapondata.ini, but it wasn't enough to make everything work like before without reinstalling the Weapon Pack...

Thank you for your help! :smile:

You are editing the WeaponData.ini file and then opening and saving it using the Weapon Editor, right? It sounds like your Weapondata.dat file is getting messed up somewhere in the process. Is the Weapondata.dat file in Weapons folder? Is it larger in size than the Weaponpack dat file after you are done saving it. Just throwing out some ideas on isolating the problem...

You are editing the WeaponData.ini file and then opening and saving it using the Weapon Editor, right?

Yes: editing the .ini, opening the Weapon Editor, opening the torpedo, closing the following window, saving and closing.

Is the Weapondata.dat file in Weapons folder?

Yes, both the .ini and the .dat are in \Objects\Weapons.

Is it larger in size than the Weaponpack dat file after you are done saving it?

I haven't tried with the .dat, but I have a saved copy of the messed up weapondata.ini: it's 2127 kb big... while the unmodded one is 2187 kb big! Maybe it's there the problem?

A thought just occured to me....

are you using the most current weapons editor??? 'Cause if you're not, the older versions will most definately kill the the weaponsdata ini AND dat files

Use the one that's in the latest weapons pak (6/06, I thinks!)

Wrench

kevin stein

It worked just fine for me, Wrench - I sent him the file. Maybe that was his problem.

Flying torpedo, eh? :biggrin:

A thought just occured to me....

are you using the most current weapons editor??? 'Cause if you're not, the older versions will most definately kill the the weaponsdata ini AND dat files

Use the one that's in the latest weapons pak (6/06, I thinks!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Uh... no, I used a separate Weapons Editor download :sorry:

I just tried the correct editor, and now it works...

Sorry for this disturbance...

BTW, Nicholas, thank you for your files, even if I didn't have to use them :biggrin:

Like Nick said, and I'm too much the technician still...I want to know WHY something failed (or just don't work)

Glad you got it going

Wrench

kevin stein