Sign in to follow this  
Fleet Command CC

Microsoft

Microsoft has announce, we wil not be able to buy a new copy of XP after Jan 2008. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Watch the 22 September video archive, see for your self.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programm...ine/6262703.stm

Well, it's not like you can't get a "free" version. But, uh, you shouldn't.

That's right boys and girls, pirating is wrong, and umm... don't do it. Do not fail to pay well over a hundred dollars, lest there be no room left for you on the ark!

Well, it's not like you can't get a "free" version. But, uh, you shouldn't.

That's right boys and girls, pirating is wrong, and umm... don't do it. Do not fail to pay well over a hundred dollars, lest there be no room left for you on the ark!

Yes I agree pirate copy are a bad idea, you can get yourself in a lot trouble with pirate copy.

Not that I condone the practice or anything, but a lot of the steps MS have taken to neuter the pirated/cracked editions are pretty effective. I had to re-install MS Office on my Ma's computer the other day and couldn't find my own copy but did find an old dodgy copy of it that used to belong to my old housemate (he was a dodgy, dodgy, tightarse! Don't think he ever paid(pays?) for software) and tried to repair it but something in the new service packs nullified it. I'm building a new puter at the moment anyways and I figure I'll pick up a cheap copy of it and XP when I get the last few parts on Friday. I tell you waht, I'm pissed with the dude who robbed me last time! I'm thinking all my XP/MS whatever discs were pinched! I'm still finding stuff missing, like old copies of WCIII and stuff that I haven't seen since then... Bastard! I got burgled by a nerd! :biggrin:

By the way, off topic. With my new machine, I'm planning to use XP Home edition for the OS since I won't have the issues Vista seems to have with games and what not. Anyways, I'm hearing that there are XP users using cracked versions of DX10 and not having these problems. What's the deal with this? Is this legal? Have they just d-loaded a copy of dx10 for xp?

Any DX10 on XP is being done via emulation from what I understand which means you can expect dismal performance. Considering DX10 games already are slower in the first place, I don't see why you'd want to.