Sign in to follow this  
markl

Compatable Mods ?

Hi,

I am currently using the "Ultimate Universe Mod". I have not been to the forums for awhile now and notice that there are a lot of other good looking mods available now.

Can I have more than one mod installed at the same time and switch between them, or do I need multiple installations of the game?

Could someone please explain the way to have and try more than one mod at a time.

any help will be appreciated.

Cheers MarkL

Depends which types of mods you are looking at, generally the smaller mods can be compatiable with each other but not recommended and the bigger mods like UUM need their own seperate installs of Legacy.

If you have the space, multiple installs of Legacy is your best option. First either copy your UUM install of Legacy into a different directory or rename its folder (Bethesda Softworks/Star Trek Legacy to something like STL UUM). Next you put on the Legacy DVD and select repair-install and it will make a brand new install of Legacy on your computer without deleting your UUM install.

Once you have done that, you can either copy it and paste it as many times as you want or you keep renaming the folder to do more repair-installs for however many installs of Legacy you want.

Depends which types of mods you are looking at, generally the smaller mods can be compatiable with each other but not recommended and the bigger mods like UUM need their own seperate installs of Legacy.

If you have the space, multiple installs of Legacy is your best option. First either copy your UUM install of Legacy into a different directory or rename its folder (Bethesda Softworks/Star Trek Legacy to something like STL UUM). Next you put on the Legacy DVD and select repair-install and it will make a brand new install of Legacy on your computer without deleting your UUM install.

Once you have done that, you can either copy it and paste it as many times as you want or you keep renaming the folder to do more repair-installs for however many installs of Legacy you want.

Thanks for the reply

It sounds simple enough. I guess that if they ever release any patch that reads the registry I will need to swap the paths around for the patches to work, possibly.

Anyway I will be trying a few of these other bigger mods now.

Cheers MarkL