I've done an update to the F-14D model that is posted here;

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=3806

This is an update of the earlier F-14D mod to the Mirage Factory F-14A and corrects several inaccuracies. The earlier F-14D release more closely represented the capabilities of the "Quick Strike variant which never actually went further than "view-graph engineering" and would have been a half step to the later Tomcat-21 which also never made it off of the drawing boards. If you like that variation you may wish to rename it as the Quick Strike, recognizing that it never actually flew and that there is another model of the Quick Strike already posted.

This variation of the original F-14A represents the capabilities of the last operational configuration

to guard the fleet; the F-14D "Bombcat", which included the capability to drop bombs and laser guided bombs. Other advanced weapons available at the time, such as Mavericks and Harms, were never incorporated into the F-14D due to budget limitations.

This release also incorporates the outstanding avionics upgrade done by Sandmartin and Batman1978, special thanks to them for their fine work and for granting permission to include that in this release. I have included the older cockpit and avionics for those who, as I do, like thundering along with a ground mapping radar for strike aircraft so you can install that "avionics degrade" if you like that option.

Disclaimer - This model is a minor tweak only of the ini files to update the engines, radars and weapons

to enable the full air to ground capabilities that were fielded in this aircraft. This does not include the detailed airframes changes of the later aircraft, that is left to a more capable modelling team at which point this version will be withdrawn. This release assumes you have already loaded the Mirage Factory F-14A, without which things like sounds will not come up. And again, my thanks to bpao and his team for their outstanding work and permission to mod their model.

Hope you like this version and good hunting!

Typhoid