Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

21 years in captivity... Ron Arad!

21 long years with no new information about the missing IAF navigator Ron Arad

I published this topic 3 years ago... might remind you his sad story :(

this site, http://www.10million.org tells the story of those who did not come back

let's hope that someday soon they will!

I remember reading Air Forces Monthly magazine and it had the story of AH-1 Cobras rescuing a pilot who hung on for dear life on one of the gunships' skis. The article also said the WSO was captured. Is this the guy? And 21 years is a long time. Any reliable news concerning his status?

it happen in Brasil too, no like Israel the military´s envolved, but with the political prisioneers who missed since 1968-1990(when the military govern takes the power)

i dont like the out of informations, thisisnt good...

i hope the israeli guys family´s receve informations about them, really hope....the bastards terrorists! they arnt man to say what happen...

The article also said the WSO was captured. Is this the guy? And 21 years is a long time. Any reliable news concerning his status?

yes... the pilot was rescued before they got to him too

and no, nothing reliable since 1987-8 (the last letter he sent to his family here at home)

I can understand the anger and frustration over the issue.There are cases of ambushed Indian Soldiers, Pilots and Navigators who bailed out over Pakistan during the 65 and 71 wars, were captured alive in Pakistan and were in Pakistani jails. Many of the mstill have not come back. Pakistan refuses to reveal what is status of those brave men. While India released all Pakistani POWs , Pakistan detained many Indian PoWs. Its been more than 35 years now.