Sign in to follow this  
hurricane3

Smoke

I can't get any responce from either Third Wire's forum or Sim Hq,so your my last hope.

Is it my imagination or are there fewer smoke trails(burt castol oil) on addon planes since the new addon?

I thought(though I may be wrong,wouldnt be the first time) that addon planes like the Sopwith Triplane had a very noticable smoke trail before the addon.

The stock planes have a smoke trail but only the addon Nieuport 28 seems to have one now.

Did addon planes leave a more proment trail before the addon or am I just imaging things?

From what im seeing..... every plane has a smoke trail from the oil. Also there is an added heavy smoke when you hit the engine or major parts. At that point it will start a heavy smoke trail and usually won't pick up on target scan any more. THis seems to kind be the signal of a kill since it will not target .

You may be like me and forgot you did a change or mod to the smoke trial INI areas since there were wuite a few floating around.

Edited by Firecage

Thanks for being the only one who cared enough to reply.

I made no mods to the smoke files but I found that by updating my graphics driver I now have a smoke trail from most of the planes.

It all depends on what Exhaust Emitter the aircraft data.ini is calling for. The expansion pack introduced a new rotary engine exhaust emitter effect for the new stock rotary engined A/C. Some add on A/C still use the old CleanExhaustEmitter which is a different type of effect and much less pronounced than either the Inline or Rotary emitters.

are you using an nVidia? they are notorious for needing driver updates ad nausea...I have been using them for years, just comes with the type I guess

are you using an nVidia? they are notorious for needing driver updates ad nausea...I have been using them for years, just comes with the type I guess

No I have an older ATI 2800,and when I installed the latest drivers , I got the smoke trails back.

I have a NVida Ge Force 256 mb 7600GS I've held back installing in case my ATI goes belly up, but now I'am lerry of installing it after you said they require constant updates.

Corse my ATI has a new driver out it seems every couple of weeks also.