Sign in to follow this  
Seb1976

Runtime error

Hi all,

I recently bought Lock On Gold and installed it yesterday. I installed Lock On 1.1, then Flaming Cliffs, then the 1.12b patch for use with the Gold Edition UK CD version. When attempting to start the game, I hear the radio chatter but I get a message to say:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\LockOn.exe

This application has requested the the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I've tried completely uninstalling (including the use of the starforce removal tool), then reinstalling without the patch but have the same issue. I've read that there may be problems with a batch of Lock On Gold CDs from Evolved Games, and I've emailed them too. Just wondered if there was a work around that I could try in the meantime. I'd really like to get this working.

Thanks

Seb

Sorry, I'm running the following:

AMD Athlon XP 4800+

MSI K8N Nforce 4 motherboard

2 x 7900GTX video cards

2GB OCZ RAM

2 x WD 160GB HDDs

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

I'm running the 7.15.11.6369 Nvidia display drivers and the latest version of the Nforce platform drivers for my MB.

Lock On itself works fine. The problem only occurs when I install FC.

Hmmm

That error means hardware problems, if I remember correctly. But your system should have no problem at all, if it is working well.

Have to done any stability tests on your system like prime95 or one of graphics benchmark thingies?

Also, I recommend you post your tech problems here: http://forum.lockon.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=46

I've never installed FC on my Vista partition so it may be something new that I'm not familiar with. I also don't have SLI, so it would be good to post there to get some experience from someone who has a similar setup.

You might also try a new 1.12b download. Yours might be corrupted.

Edited by GOYA_551st