Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

MiG-17PF Fresco-D Upgrade Pak - Ver 2

MiG-17PF Fresco-D Upgrade Pak - Ver 2

MiG-17PF Fresco-D upgrade -Ver2.0 for SF/SFG/ WoV/WoE/WoI and maybe SF2 & SF2-V

Updated to Ver. 2 4/20/09

This version is designed to completly REPLACE the mod I released some time ago.....

This is an almost complete rebuild of Madcaddie's MiG-17PF 'Fresco-D' limited all-weather, radar equipped interceptor. This has been tweeked to use a modified UV-16 rocket pod as an air-to-air weapon, along with a new-ish version of the S-5 unguided rocket.

Most of the data for this weapons tweek was worked out by Lexx_Luthor in a thread over at the 3rd Wire Message Boards, using some data I've discoverd in the past. (see "Notes" section below for more details). The Flight Model parameters themselves have been copied directly from the latest Fresco-C's, so they are the most current (as of the 08 Patches for WoE).

I'm releasing the ENTIRE aircraft, minus the lods of course, as they exist in all versions of the game,

EVERYTHING is included, all the inis, new 'SovietSilver' larger skin bumps, etc.

Also included is the cockpit, basically Mago/Paladrin's MiG-21MF; with some small modifications to the radar display. And, ONLY available in this mod, a new WoE-style Hangar Screen; the original 'artwork' type is also still included

This is a completly new skin, created from a new template, made by me, based off the original 3rdW units. I've resized it up to 1024x1024, with completly redrawn rivet and panel lines. Also included is a revamped "M17PF.bmp" for the nose radar bubble, also resized and repainted.

You =WILL= be using the weapons editor to add the new rockets and rocket pod!!!!!

==IT IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED YOU HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS EDITOR==

As always, it's reccomened you unzip this package to a temp folder, or your desktop, to gain access to the rest of this readme for the full, easy to follow install instructions. Well, almost easy...don't forget you'll be adding weapons, if you've not downloaded this before...

Happy Hunting!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

hmmmm

Not bad job at all

BTW....

PF had 3xNR-23 cannons with 80 rounds each.

I'm useing it as AI without rocket pods.... nice targets

Cheers Kevin :smile:

Edited by starfighter2

Thanks Starfighter! I guess I shoulda researched the guns a little better...they're just as Madcaddie released it. I was more concerned with the damn rockets!!!

Easy enough fix, though....

add to nose section:

SystemName[006]=InternalGun3

add to guns section:

[internalGun3]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=23MM_NR23

InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN

MuzzlePosition=-0.24,4.22,-0.63

LightPosition=-0.24,4.22,-0.73

MaxAmmo=80

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-0.24,3.454,-0.437

EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-2.0

MinExtentPosition=-0.20, 3.34,-0.67

MaxExtentPosition=-0.30, 4.22,-0.56

then adjust the rounds in the other 2 guns to match.

I agree....MiGs make wonderful targets!!!! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes, third cannon is needed :yes:

Mig-17 needs better skins. Thanx Wrench for it too :ok:

Migs as targets? No, bad idea :no::biggrin:

Ok folks, this is version 2, updated/uploaded today, 4/20/09

Includes the 'fix' for the missing 3rd cannon, and all kinds of other stuf like that there...

Enjoy!

wrench

kevin stein

oh, and DON'T forget to read the readme!!!