Sign in to follow this  
PATRON

First Eagles Add on Planes

Hi :dntknw: Am perplexed. What is an X-RAR file and how do you unload it. Forgive my ignorance and help please. Many grats. Dave

Yes, a .RAR file is just another form of compression like .zip. I use 7-Zip.

Oh, I've never used 7-Zip other than to extract .rar files. I usually just use the old standby WinZip for most file compression. :wink:

Hi :dntknw: Am perplexed. What is an X-RAR file and how do you unload it. Forgive my ignorance and help please. Many grats. Dave

I'm fairly sure x-rar is a compressed file format on the mac...or some such. Certainly a Rar is a compression format that winrar uses this you can grab on sharewhare from rarlab.com this should open your x-rar. I'd hope if that fails try renaming it is as a .rar and seeing if winrar can prise it open then. Sorry if thats not much help but its about the best I can think of.

That's just the way the CA DL section refers to .rar files, as "x-rar". It's not a separate type.

I'm fairly sure x-rar is a compressed file format on the mac...or some such. Certainly a Rar is a compression format that winrar uses this you can grab on sharewhare from rarlab.com this should open your x-rar. I'd hope if that fails try renaming it is as a .rar and seeing if winrar can prise it open then. Sorry if thats not much help but its about the best I can think of.

Hi, Many thanks for the tip - duly unloaded the trial prog from site suggested and it works a treat. "Top Hole old man -What-Ho " eh.

Regards Dave.