Sign in to follow this  
JKstar

How to make F22's weapon door automatic?

ReadMe Writer, Extraordinanire

He's right you know. He's written some of the best README's that you've never read.

It's amazing what you can find out, when ya spend a few minutes actually reading the readme files, isn't it???

Wrench

kevin stein

ReadMe Writer, Extraordinanire

And the F-22 sticky up on top of this page too.

Guest Bounder
Errr.. you mean members have got to be able to READ now as well as fly aircraft. Never been heard of. :rofl:

OH NOW HEAR THIS all players will now have to maintain standards set out for Tuskegee's Airmen you will read all read me's at lest 4 times and be tested 4 times , failure to do so will result in total game failure,and complete system format so read brother read LOL :good:

Edited by Bounder

Well, as the saying goes "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." And i must admit, being a newbie myself that i have some stupid moments. Anyways the modders and the people who are members of this site who gladly help us "stupid" people with our questions are EXCELLENT. I thank you all for your help, knowledge and especially your PATIENCE. Thanks. :good:

You know, in hindsight I should not have said anything. There was no need to single anyone out. I did see a person who has been a great friend for the past 5 years very frustrated over the matter, and that is why I made my comment.

I think you would have to work hard on a mod and release it to public scrutiny to know the feeling. You want it to be perfect but you are only human so it can't be perfect. Each time an imperfection is pointed out, it cuts. Hell I feel that way when some of my MF projects are scrutinized internally. :fie:

You can get really emotional when you devote so much time a hobby you are passionate about.

People can be so insensitive...it makes me want to cry! Um, ok not really.

However, I think this says it all: :rtfm:

I admit I know some people, rather well at that, who are just too lazy to do any of that. They refuse to use mods unless they are either self-installing .exes or can just be unzipped with folder structure intact to a given directory. Alter .ini files? CAT extraction? Run an editor? Forget it. Despite the fact that they spend upwards of 30 hrs/week on their PC! They're the "I'd rather be playing than modding" category to the extent that they'll play an unmodded game long after I'm bored with the mods I have just because they're not going to stop playing it to mod it!

People can be so insensitive...it makes me want to cry!

:blush2:

Hmm...it has nothing at all with being new or n00b or whatever...the article in question was specifically addressed in the read me file included with the plane...the FAQ dedicated to the plane...and SEVERAL threads already

So...to me, that is trying to be inflammatory under the guise of "I dont know any better"...hardly could one miss the discussion, so it would hearken back to the days of Stiglr and diefanboisim to me...

Its like when a piece of heavy equipment has been locked-out / tagged-out and a person removes the safety warnings and ignores the WARNING signs and defies the Tech Order and gets hurt...then tries to sue for workmen's compensation...

This fellow completely either blundered past every conceivable road sign and asked anyway...that is more like inflammatory than anything

And then some people essentially called Column5 crass and insensitive to novices...FOUL FOUL FOUL...you are the one that is wrong...I have known Don for years now, and he has done more for the 3wire community than 99% of you combined...he has, if nothing, championed novices and gone out of his way to help people enjoy this game series even more.

Furthermore, I completely disagree that there is a "disrespect for novices" as you say, in fact, QUITE THE CONTRARY, there is far more disrespect flung at people that have been partakers of the 3wire community for YEARS than for people that either can not read, choose not to read, or like starting trouble.

Simply that.

Explain to me how you see it any other way...just re-read (there is that word again) this post. Then go look at ALL of the places this EXACT matter was covered (and their posted dates) and tell me, WITHOUT committing perjury, tell me again that Column5 was being either insensitive, or disrespectful to a novice.

You can not, save yourself the time now.

And besides, seriously, listen to the arguments that have erupted from the F-22 release..."fuel tank RCS modeling" dudes, this GAME doesnt model radar ground clutter or beam tactics and you are worried about the RCS of a fuel tank? Bet it aint even there...

And then the dozens of "how can they shoot me if I have stealth?"...you do not understand STEALTH...period. Had I released the F-22, then the damage boxes would have been omitted since some of you are apparently basing your ideas of the F-22 on the old Nova Logic game...

There is no STEALTH...it is LOW OBSERVABLE TECHNOLOGY...LOW does NOT mean INVULNERABLE...

Oh, now I am being insensitive... :huh:

And we close this topic with a quote from the Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back movie....

".....on that note we cue the music....."