Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Weapon Editor for SF Gold?

I've tried the ones which came with the weapons packs - both Bunyap's and the Mirage Factory's are dated 24/04/2006, and one I found here from 11/08/2004. Neither worked correctly, and left me with semi-functioning data.dat files. The latest version does the same thing. The screen comes up, it all looks like it should (set to W98 environment under XP Home SP2), and an apparently correct WEAPONDATA.dat is generated. Go and see, and half the weapons are missing.

Now the WEAPONDATA.dat which came ready-made with Bunyap's package functions perfectly well, so there must be a way to get it working; can anybody please point me at the solution?

If you are using SF Gold with the last patch then the previous weapons editor should work dated 240406 - so not sure why yours isnt. You havnt got 2 weapondata.dat files in the objects folder in different subfolders have you?

Open up the single weapondata.ini which should be in your SFG "weapons" folder - check all your weapons are listed - then hit save.

that should create the new weapondata.dat in the weapons folder.

Any problems then I would expect a dll error - have you tried different jets to see if they come up with any of them?

If you are using SF Gold with the last patch then the previous weapons editor should work dated 240406 - so not sure why yours isnt. You havnt got 2 weapondata.dat files in the objects folder in different subfolders have you?

Open up the single weapondata.ini which should be in your SFG "weapons" folder - check all your weapons are listed - then hit save.

that should create the new weapondata.dat in the weapons folder.

Any problems then I would expect a dll error - have you tried different jets to see if they come up with any of them?

Well, I did have two weapondata.dat files, but I found them; that was one of the first things I looked for. And when I tried to use the new one, in the weapons folder, as you said - nothing good. Yet AFAIK my patches are up to date. Mystery. With the newly generated one, half the loadouts are missing - including basics on stock aircraft, such as the Sidewinders on Phantoms!

No dll errors yet despite trying a number of aircraft, but occasional CTDs, probably caused by the game trying to spawn a plane which is not correctly installed. With Bunyap's weapondata.dat, things seem to work correctly, so I supsect an install problem in one or more aircraft files.