Sign in to follow this  
hotrodss

Help! trying to play Burning Sands 1983 campaign

Hello all, I'm having a lot of problems getting this add-on campaign to work. So far I've just reinstalled SFP1 on my computer, without adding the service pack upgrades from Thirdwire. Next, I extracted the campaign files to the SFP1 directory as instructed in the readme file. I click on the SFP1 icon to run the game and I get the error messsage "SFP1 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it's followed by the "Send Error Report/Don't Send" I don't know what else to do? Any assistence is greatly appreciated.

I also have the Burning Sands upgrade patch and the Burning Sands service pack 4 update, but i'm holding off till I can get the main add-on working.

Shawn aka Hotrodss

If I recall correctly, this campaign requires several add-on files. If any of them are missing, it will crash.

You have to follow the instructions extremely carefully. I think I got confused or stuck on the version(service pack), that it works with. I'm not in front of my gaming machine so I can't check at the moment.

Also, just in case it's not clear, the Burning Sands Upgrade, and the 1983 campaigns are not the same. The first is an upgrade of the 'stock' campaigns, the second is a separate campaign.

Keep posting your questions, hopefully the person who created it, or some other knowledgeable person will chime in.

It's worth it once you get it working.

If I recall correctly, this campaign requires several add-on files. If any of them are missing, it will crash.

You have to follow the instructions extremely carefully. I think I got confused or stuck on the version(service pack), that it works with. I'm not in front of my gaming machine so I can't check at the moment.

Also, just in case it's not clear, the Burning Sands Upgrade, and the 1983 campaigns are not the same. The first is an upgrade of the 'stock' campaigns, the second is a separate campaign.

Keep posting your questions, hopefully the person who created it, or some other knowledgeable person will chime in.

It's worth it once you get it working.

Thanks TurtleHawk, I'll keep trying

Hotrodss