Sign in to follow this  
lt. skylark

Greetings

Howdy all! Another N42 member dropping in to say howdy!

I hope to play some games with some of you in the near future!

Question: What is a good, cheap (my wife is already mad at me) flight sim I can buy now? Just wondering so I can get my joystick ready and rocking! (I need to get more practice BF1942 can only help so much)

Strike Fighters:project 1 is the way to go :D depends on what era you want....IL-2 is great for WW2, for early jet combat Mig Alley, also you looking for MP or single player? also,if you can find it Fighter Squadron: Screaming Demons Over Europe is GREAT!! with all the add-on aircraft.

Heres the main forum for SDOE: http://www.fightersquadron.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

give it alook and Hyper Lobby now supports it. For features,add-ons,price,and just all round fun I have to give the nod to SDOE.(of course that is if you don't get Strike Fighters!!)

Love your quote Skylark! :lol:

If you're new to flight sims, but thinking about getting into it, I'd suggest just grabbing up a new one that's going to be around awhile. There may be easier sims to learn with, but in the long run you'll be left behind since everyone else is moving foward.

Plus, you think your wife's mad now...just wait until you're hooked into flight sims! You'll eventually want the best in video cards, sound cards, CPU speed, top of the line HOTAS, etc.... :lol:

Welcome to the flight sim world! <S>