Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

Downloadable aircrafts

Silly question really, probably asked a million times before.  Just want to know is every downloadable aircrafts available from the download section here at CA includes a corresponding cockpit?

The reason I am asking is because some of the thumbnails actually show the aircraft's pits as well whereas the rest don't.  If one doesn't come with a corresponding pit, which stock cockpit is used for a substitute?

P.S. Wonderful the MiG-23 and MiG-27 comes with their real pits!!!  I love MiG-21 very much as a matter of fact, does it come with a pit as well?

Edited by Basher11

In a word, yes.

I wouldn't know the ratio, but a good quantity have their own `pits in the package, others rely on in game substitutes.

But if you download an add-on aircraft from CA, you follow the readme, you will be up and flying it in very short order. Same for C5, Capun, and most other

finer add-on makers aircraft.

We truly are lucky in this sim series...

___EDIT___

Changed to ratio, had ration. Must be hungry. ;)

Edited by Spectre_USA

The reason I am asking is because some of the thumbnails actually show the aircraft's pits as well whereas the rest don't.  If one doesn't come with a corresponding pit, which stock cockpit is used for a substitute?

P.S. Wonderful the MiG-23 and MiG-27 comes with their real pits!!!  I love MiG-21 very much as a matter of fact, does it come with a pit as well?

Well, there is no template accordig which you can use this or that stock cockpit for substitude in general. If there is not aircrafts cockpit modelled specially for this aircraft in its package, than standard practice is use cockpit, which is relatively close to real cockpit.

And you are not right about Mig-23 and Mig-27 cockpits :no:

Mig-23s and Mig-27s in the download section using three cockpit types: Paladrians Mig-21F, edited Mig-21MF and ArmourDaves Su-17 cockpit.

There is no real Mig-23 cockpit modelled special for Mig-23/27 in the download section for this time. In the future maybe :dntknw:

Mig-21F-13/PF/PFV/PFM/MF/UM - these GREAT cockpits are made by Paladrian for Mig-21 series.

Some known (posted notes about WIPs here at CA) cockpits/planes WIPs in community:

Mig-29A

Mig-21Bis

Mig-15

Mig-17

Plus some Marcfighters WIPs:

SU-30Mk1

SU-27UB Flanker

SU-33 Sea Flanker

There is released Marcfighters Su-27 and Su-27SK (chinese J-11) with Su-27 cockpit on Marcfighters pages http://marcfighters.combatace.com/

If there is not aircraft own pit in the package, you need improvise :yes:

Edited by kukulino