Sign in to follow this  
ArgonV

FS-WWI: AI Takeoff problem fixed!

Yes, you did read that correctly. All, and I mean ALL FS-WWI aircraft can now take off under AI control!

The solution resided in the propElements, propMM and propPitch properties. Once I plugged in a custom tweaked set of propElements numbers and adjusted the rest (Including drag), the AI can now fly these kites properly on takeoff.

This means that old and slow kites that have never been able to take off under AI control before now can! (Bleriot, Taube, Ilya V, and many many others that were underpowered) These aircraft fly within 5-10 mph of their recorded top speeds (Or right on the money in many cases) and still bleed energy and handle authentically. Campaigns and missions in which the AI need to get airborne now all work as they should. Another side-effect from this is that dogfights with the AI are more intense. The AI are now less likely to stall out and start "searching" for altitude.

I've only got a few things in the works or needing to get done left for Plane Pack 5.. The Bristol Scout D (Which is nearly completed) and a skin for the Airco D.H.4 (Which has no one working on it right now). I also need to spell check all of the Training missions and Hangar aircraft descriptions. (Any help would be appriciated!)

So the ETA for this update to be released could be a month or 6 months. All depends on if anyone is willing to skin the D.H.4. and how long it will take me to get through the spell checking. I'm starting to compile all of the files and getting them ready for the installer packages aswell.

(S!) ALL hi ;-)

Hi ArgonV,

Very nice touch indeed, :notworthy:

And when do we bring the game to MMP play? :grandpa:

RB3D Cold War website;

http://home.hetnet.nl/~lord.e.frauenfelder/

Blue Max WW1 Sim Project;

http://www.topfreeforum.com/forum/viewtopi...orum=thecoldwar

New Planes & Other for CW 2009;

http://www.topfreeforum.com/forum/viewtopi...orum=thecoldwar

your friend in the Cold War sky

KoA v. Deutschmark :cool:

Hyperlobby still works, just takes some planning to get a on-line squad going.. So we can use that in the meantime. If you've got coders to decompile the code and edit it, I say we can have MMP anytime they can get that done! ;)