Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

The cobra?

Has anyone else decided to watch the A.I. planes battle it out after being blown up? Well. I did the other day and it turned out to be quite interesting. I read somewhere about a manuver performed in the mig's that I think was called the cobra, where the pilot pulls back on the stick and the airspeed almost drops to zero, resulting in a fly-by, by you the hapless victim.

Has anyone else seen one of the A.I. planes do this yet?

Edited by gwar

google video it you'll see the real deal very cool.

I don't think the AI do that in any sim. The "cobra" is a "post-stall" maneuver and pretty much all AI routines say "avoid the stall". Only LOMAC has it, but it's a scripted event that only the player does.

I don't think the AI do that in any sim. The "cobra" is a "post-stall" maneuver and pretty much all AI routines say "avoid the stall". Only LOMAC has it, but it's a scripted event that only the player does.

But I watched it do it, or something VERY similar, :dntknw:

But I watched it do it, or something VERY similar, :dntknw:

Don't worry gwar, I've seen the AI do it too as well. When I first saw it, I said to myself, "now he just didn't do what I think he did, did he?" I think it's the AI trying to go really aggressive on it's target.

So have I.Gepards Sturmovik will also do it.

The J-11 FM sometimes makes the AI lose control, so Ive seen em crash trying it at low altitude.

But when he takes the IR shot while Im on his tail blinking in disbelief I know what I know.