Sign in to follow this  
lexicon

Performance in Lock On?

I have a AMD 3000+ with a GIG of Ram and a Geforce FX 5600 with 256MB. I get very poor performance in FS2004 about 10 FPS with the clouds on. Then I get 60 FPS with no Weather on. But how will Lock on perform on my system?

As much as many of us would like to give you a 100% answer, it's still to early to tell. The code will surely be optimized for performance before the final release.

On another note, your system is pretty much brand new, and thus way above the published minimum specs. Your problems with weather turned on in FS2004 may be as simple as changing a graphical setting to optimize your system for the game. Ask around, you may be suprised to find that with a simple turning down of anti-aliasing or something different your FPS in weather may jump up considerably. I'm not an expert on the FX5600 series, I'm sure there are many here that may have a similar setup as yours and may be able to help.

Cheers!

Fates

www.Biohazcentral.com