Hi guys!

In these days I've been trying alternative sea textures by changing the waternormal.bmp in the terrain folder. I've been trying about 20 textures I've found on the web... I also tried to build them myself by screenshooting them from google earth, but I haven't found one which really satisfact me... :sad: where do you find yours? any suggestion about filters to use to build them directly by an image editing software?

Here's my best attempt:

Of course you have to convert it to .bmp and rename it to "waternormal" if you want to try it. Maybe it fits best on DBS terrain... (I didn't edit Water Texture Material on terrain_data.ini, just added the .bmp file...)

What I've found to be a problem with using bitmaps created from real-world images of water, is that TW's shader implementation has to either be tweaked in order to lessen or eliminate anomalies, or the bitmap has to be edited to prevent them from cropping up in the first place.

A hint: Extract the default WaterNormal.BMP and see what TW did. Notice the blues and violets, and the lack of lighter colors.....that should give you some ideas as to how to edit your waternormal bitmap.

A nice source of bitmaps for shaders is AVSIM. Look for water effects files meant for MS FSX or X-Plane, and use those.