Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Mrmudd: Q For You, Sir.

Quick question for you MrMudd.

In your video's, I beleive I saw it stated that you use FRAPS as a movie capture software.

In the past, I read on the LO:MAC forum that there will be an AVI capture utillity with LO:MAC. Does the beta have this feature? If not, then that asnwers my question. If it does, why do you use FRAPS instead of it?

I am really hoping that this AVI capture will be all that it is cracked up to be so that we can all make movies very easily of our LO:MAC flights.

Thanks ahead for any info.

Guest MrMudd

;) Yes I have been Makeing solely FRAPS captured videos.

The Lomac Sim has its own Capture system for makeing movies. I have not used it becasue as most of you know. The preview Copy i have doesnt not include this in my build. I understand Matt Wagner is useing this in his Efforts. He or someone in the development team would be the best to ask that question.

I am not a beta testor nor am i Privvy to their plan of implementation into the game. What i know is just of what my first hand experiance is with my early media preview Build.

Fraps is the only in game capture device i am aware of, and these videos ive made are my attempt at learning this Skill, and i find it is a fun aspect of computer gameing. Im looking forward to seeing how this process takes place when the game hits the shelf like the rest of you! :D

Some guys like to make mods, or addons for sims, Im beginning to find i like the mission building and Movie makeing the most i guess it just comes down to my real World Mission planner experiance and Post Flight VTR walkthroughs and post mission assesment.

This will be an invaluable tool for you guys that are in "Virtual Squads" for the team building and training aspect, as well as all the good humor that comes out of it. B)

Absolutly.

Zak and I are hard at work on our training section. We started with the A-10 and trying to get it wrapped up now so we can move onto the F-15.

I am vaguely familair with the planning and breifing process for missions. I was the lucky Controller who breifed the pilots on the status of their aircraft, system reliability, and answered all their questions about aircraft status prior to flight.

We try! :lol:

Thanks for the info so far.

MrMudd, if you really like making videos and have cash (you're a pilot, you should have cash, hahha) You might also want to consider buying a DV camera with S-video in and Firewire out for it.

You can capture with Svideo out from the Radeon into the camera. And with firewire record what you capture back into Premiere or a program like that. You wont have problems with 4 gb file limit while flying/filming or have Fraps slow you down.

Might be worth looking into if you really enjoy it and have some $$$?

Guest MrMudd

Certainly an idea i need to check into. Thanks for the Tech info!

This is exactly what I am working on setting up here.

I plan to use the ATI 9800 Pro All In Wonder along with a DV recorder.

I know a person who did this with a 9700 for Mech Warrior and he made awesome video's of the online wars we had in TWL / MWL.